Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Request] Make First Blood/ Killing Streak announcement optional

Basic Member

[Request] Make First Blood/ Killing Streak announcement optional

Threads got merged so I'll quickly rewrite the OP.

Reasons why we request the new notification being optional
    • redundancy (you should notice when a kill got scored , red box + green box + announcer)
    • out of place (doesnt fit the style of the game IMO)
    • it's distracting (it may not be to you but it is to some)
    • takes too much room (the field of vision already is quite small, this notification makes it even worse)

The request concers the notification in the yellow box.
    Before the patch kills where already shown in the red box and the green box. On top of that the announcer told you who is on a streak.

That makes this new feature completely redundant in our opinion, therefore we would like an option (console command would be enough) to disable it (switch it back to how it was)

REMINDER: This is not a request to remove the feature. Most of us want that it stays in the game so people who like it can keep using it.

ADDITION1: If an option like this is A LOT of work for the developers I would like them to say so. Its not enough if a user ASSUMES that it involves shit loads of coding, at the same time I am assuming that its a matter of seconds and none of us knows whether hes right or wrong. So if the reason why you refuse to implement an option like this is that it would take you hours/days please say so.
    Last edited by nysd; 09-22-2012 at 10:12 AM.

Basic Member
    I'm pretty sure the entire point of the announcements are to make the person who scored it all warm and fuzzy inside. I don't disagree that there should be an option to turn it off; however, it is not a bad feature. Things that glorify people doing well are almost never bad.

Basic Member
    It doesnt fit the style and, as I stated already, is completely redudant. If you need the game to tell you how amazing you are when youre on a killing streak youre doing something wrong, it should be enough to hear it from the announcer and seing the enemy teams members dropping like flies.

It rather distracts from what is important, the game and the teamfight youre in.

But hey as I said, keep it. But give people the option to choose because as I said, I dont need the game to tell me how awesome I am, at least not 4 times.

it's fun, quit crying!
    just ignore it and move on if it bothers you

Basic Member
    Best way to live your life I guess. Dont do anything about the stuff that bothers you, just accept it.

You will come far, maybe become a cashier at Taco Bell one day if you try hard?!

^ What kind of an argument is that...

Nice add. I like it. It is neat and the transitions are smooth.
    And, have you seen the Rampage! effect? A rampage surely deserves that one.

AND your argument is invalid, since this improvement takes place of the chat indicator, meaning there are still 3 of them.
    And... Counting respawntimer as an indicator? Really?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoAppelsin View Post
    And... Counting respawntimer as an indicator? Really?
    Pretty much blacks out the picture and adds a number on top of it. If you pay attention to your UI, which is something you should, you will notice it.

You still havent provided a single good argument to not make it optional. Iam not saying that they should remove it from the game if youre unable to read. On top of that, why is a big flashy thing in the "top-center" of your screen a good thing in the first place? You should focus on whats going on in the game, therefore the kills should be shown in the chat. There just isnt any argument AGAINST making it an OPTIONOPTIONOPTIONOPTIONOPTIONOPTIONOPTION.

Quote Originally Posted by ThoAppelsin View Post
    What kind of an argument is that...
    It wasnt supposed to be an argument because he didnt provide one either. What he basically said was "quit whining, you dont like it move on and ignore it". But why exactely would I do that if I have the option to request it being changed? Guess its pretty redundant to talk to you if you cant even see that.

Personally like it but I don't see why Valve can't cater to the other side of the spectrum. Though I'd say you should give it some time before deciding wether such an option is worth it.

Altough I think making such an option will be very low priority if it's considered.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Irrelevante View Post
    Personally like it but I don't see why Valve can't cater to the other side of the spectrum. Though I'd say you should give it some time before deciding wether such an option is worth it.

Altough I think making such an option will be very low priority if it's considered.
    The question I ask myself why it would be very low priority. Its probably a work of seconds.

I am pretty positive that theres a simple console command for deactivating it, which is what they could give the players. Even adding an option to the interface wouldnt take long. You dont need to write code, you just change the part of the code that controlls this announcement from "=1" to "=0".

Nor do I understand why you should give it time. You either like the feature or you dont. Just because you got used to something doesnt mean you suddenly like it. I for example still find the UI extremely ugly, but I've accepted it. You probably wont quit a game over a small thing like this, but if alot of them add up you might. I am just saying that there isnt a single argument for not adding an option like this.

At least noone here has provided one yet and I cant see you ever doing.

I am even against putting an option for this. This does not affect gameplay by any means, it is there just for fun reasons.

Only someone who gets desperately offended when he is the one that died for a first blood would like to disable something glorious like this.

If there shall be an option against this, then I demand an option to remove every information that game provides through the chat lines. I don't want to see "Your Middle Barracks has fallen." lines there.
    And I don't see any reasons against making this optional.

HA.