Thread: [Suggestion] Make it possible to change key to toggle hero names on minimap

Basic Member

[Suggestion] Make it possible to change key to toggle hero names on minimap

I'm one of these people who constantly press my alt key even though it's not necessary anymore (Old reflex from when you pressed alt to show healthbars). And now when I do it toggles the 'show hero name' on the minimap and I haven't found a place to unbind the key? Don't know if I'm just blind but I can't find a row in the controls-menu where my 'alt'-key is bound.

Basic Member
    This.

Also I use Alt+Q/W/E/A/S/D for using items and so I see the popup very often.

Yeah, I use alt for hotkeys, but I honestly don't mind, I think it's pretty neat haha. Although I haven't used it for this function, and useful thing for it may be that if you're like grey's missing, and not sure who it is, and don't wanna open scoreboard or check the top.. you check for the name (since even sometimes the hero portraits are taking a while to get used to). But yeah I understand, there should be an option to change the key.

Basic Member
    Also, I'd like an option to have it permanently toggled. This can be setup with a macro already so I don't see the reason why shouldn't it be possible ingame. It would also be nice to have shorter names (as an option at least) of all the heroes especially for this (3-4letter names) so it doesn't look as bulky and you can see other things on your minimap around moving heroes.