Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Auto cast ON/OFF - Hold Key down.

Basic Member
    Agreed +1

+1 good idea, would love to have such a thing. But still it should be an option, cuz it's not 100% comfortable for everybody.

need to add a new commands (dota_ability_autocast_on/dota_ability_autocast_off).
    Exp.:
    bind "q" "dota_ability_autocast_on 0"
    bind "w" "dota_ability_autocast_off 0"

Basic Member
    wtf with all you... cant you read? it is alread in game: alt+hotkey

Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    good idea. press and hold to enable autocast, release to disable.

This should be an added function; not a replacement of existing methods.
    ^THIS!

Just click me!

In fact i was sleeping and woke up with this idea lol, so i searched and found it already posted, INSTA T-UP FOR ME

Just click me!

Basic Member
    i suggest 1 key press to enable all/any auto-cast spell.
    i dont see any problem with this as i dont think there's any hero with 2 auto-cast spell.

BUMP

Basic Member
    Realistically what you're asking for is the ability to BIND long-presses, which has much more use than just toggling auto-cast. The ability to toggle auto-cast is already in-game, in the form of alt-Q etc. Having long-press on a key has infinity more use, straight off the top of my head you can bind a long-press to self cast (instead of the current double-tap).
    Really I think what you need to do is two re-vamps, one is to give each item and ability two 'firing' mechanisms, one is the primary (targetable TP, manual orb cast, targetable buff like ion shell) then a secondary (TP to base, toggle autocast on orb, self-cast buffs)
    Then you want to be able to bind a double-tap or a long push to either the primary or secondary fire for each item or spell. Then you have unlimited possibilities for custom control schemes. You could even throw in a triple-tap if you wanted but as we already have modifiers as a valid input that's more likely to be the '3rd' activation if needed (ie announce cooldown) as well as a 4th in the form of right-click
    This also promotes a bit more consistency across the entire UI. Currently we have items that have a right click menus, alt to announce, left to use, hotkey to use, double tap for secondary use. Then abilities have double-tap to self-cast, right-click to toggle, alt to announce and left to use. It's quite confusing!
    Last edited by DotaDude; 07-01-2014 at 08:35 PM.