Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Backswing & Movement Commands

Basic Member
    def noticed it too. they have to be careful to get the feel right. esp on meepo the net thing is a big deal.

it feels sluggish.
    thanks for taking the time to compare. needs to be fixed asap imo

Quote Originally Posted by Eric37073 View Post
    no. there is no such rule. u need to understand how the spells r coded to know whether it will have a backswing or not.
    Read the post above you.

While I'm no expert on the subject, I do know that some spells in dota1 weren't actually spells but triggered events. This is why many of those spells have weird interactions or inconsistencies with casting animations and backswings and stuff. Pulse nova/rot is a simple example of a skill that can be triggered on/off without interrupting your hero. And the old diabolic edict was an example of how a skill can be 'casted' without having casting animations and/or backswing.
    Last edited by Frost; 10-05-2012 at 06:39 AM.

Basic Member
    why was this unstickied

Basic Member
    Great work Hoho! Keep it up!

Noticed that Lion's impale is much harder to cancel in Dota 2 compared to Dota 1 once you've given a command to cast it. It's as if you lose control of Lion for a second.

I think this might also affect Timbersaw. When I use Whirling Death immediately after casting Chakram he doesn't cast Whirling Death until a few second later. Longer than it takes for Meepo and Batrider to move.

Basic Member
    When you cancel a cast you "rightclcik" right?
    Is there any significant difference when you issue a stop command?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostface View Post
    When you cancel a cast you "rightclcik" right?
    Is there any significant difference when you issue a stop command?
    Not really, since the stop command is the next command you cast to cancel the backswing.
    If you issue the stop command, your hero will stop (and acquire another in range target if you have auto attack on, etc, normal behaviour), and it will stop the cast if the spell is not yet cast. (Think panda clap fake cast, zues ulti fake cast) If the spell is cast, and the stop command is issued during the backswing, it will cancel it and default to normal behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by peber11 View Post
    I think this might also affect Timbersaw. When I use Whirling Death immediately after casting Chakram he doesn't cast Whirling Death until a few second later. Longer than it takes for Meepo and Batrider to move.
    I definitely noticed this one, and the issues might be related. Also created a thread for this issue http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=67735
    Last edited by hoh0; 12-30-2012 at 05:28 AM.

Basic Member
    Updated with google spreadsheet comparison in main post. Or here

this should be the number one fix priority. what the hell? it completely changes the game.