Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Meepo and TP Bug

[Confirmed] Meepo and TP Bug

While the main Meepo is channeling a TP-Scroll or a BoT, you should be able to use poof with other meepo on the main meepo. When the main meepo arrives on the destined place, the other meepos should arrive shortly. Instead the whole poof process is cancelled.

F.e.

Main Meepo uses TP on 1st outer Tower mid. The TP takes 3 seconds before it is done. When there is one second left on the TP >>> the other two meepos use poof on the main meepo, which means they should arrive at the main meepo position 0.5, seconds after TP ended. Instead they stay where they used to be before and poof cancels completetly.

No.

I travel-poofed several times.

I tested it again. I wasn't able to repro your bug. Sometimes I missclicked, but more often it worked just fine.
    Same with Meepo getting ported by Elzalor.
    Last edited by Mr.Evo; 09-22-2012 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Tested again.

I confirm this.
    If the Meepo being poofed at, teleports while poof is still on its cast time, poof cancels. It shouldn't. Checked on both DotA and Dota 2.

Edit: Wait... Something is happening.
    Last edited by ThoAppelsin; 09-22-2012 at 08:38 AM.

Ok, finally. This, happens. I don't know why, but it looks like distance is important. I can do nothing but swear that I haven't pressed H as the Poof cancelled. I'd say this bug is [Incomplete], yet.

I made several tries, and I think the bug goes like this:
    If Meepo being Poofed at successfully teleports to somewhere, and this teleportation displaces him more than 1500 units, the Poof cancels itself.

Step-by-step:
    1. Meepo #A casts teleportation.
    2. Meepo #B casts Poof to Meepo #A.
    3. Meepo #A displaces himself with a successful teleportation to a place 1500 units further than where he was.
    4. At that moment, Meepo #B's Poof cancels.

I measured 1500 units with Pudge's level 1 Hook distance indicator. Its range circle should have a 1400 units of diameter, and the distance between those Meepos were slightly bigger.

It would be good, if someone else could check this out. I recommend using TP-Scrolls instead of BoT for the test to be exact, since BoT can teleport you both to the far and near end of the building.
    Last edited by ThoAppelsin; 09-22-2012 at 09:54 AM.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoAppelsin View Post
    Ok, finally. This, happens. I don't know why, but it looks like distance is important. I can do nothing but swear that I haven't pressed H as the Poof cancelled. I'd say this bug is [Incomplete], yet.
    What's going on here is that the meepo isn't being targeted, it's the ground locations. In the first example, where you click is closest to the same meepo who uses poof, so he doesn't change location. In example 2, its the same thing. Where you clicked is closer to where the other meepo tped, thus getting poofed to the tower/meepo.

I'm pretty sure if you clicked poof onto the portraits it should work properly. Clicking on the actual heroes just targets the ground and at the end of the cast searches for the nearest target to poof to.

Quote Originally Posted by scoutphil View Post
    What's going on here is that the meepo isn't being targeted, it's the ground locations. In the first example, where you click is closest to the same meepo who uses poof, so he doesn't change location. In example 2, its the same thing. Where you clicked is closer to where the other meepo tped, thus getting poofed to the tower/meepo.

I'm pretty sure if you clicked poof onto the portraits it should work properly. Clicking on the actual heroes just targets the ground and at the end of the cast searches for the nearest target to poof to.
    No, I did it both ways while I was trying... I just decided clicking on the Meepos so that it would be clearer =/
    Try it for yourself, or wait 5 mins, and I shall upload another video, doing the exact same, but this time from the portraits.

Edit: Here...

It just... Happens, bro.
    Last edited by ThoAppelsin; 09-22-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Basic Member
    Doesn't happen if you click on ground.

TP to tower, tab to meepo clone, poof to tower (click on ground) --> works fine.
    It does not work if you click on tping-meepo.

Basic Member
    Hmm, but I still think what I said was right - that it's targeting the specific location the meepo was on. It almost seems that its targeting the ground under the meepo of the meepo you are clicking in the portrait too, when it should actually be targeting the meepo.