Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Issueing Orders on the minimap (same spot, quick succession)

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Issueing Orders on the minimap (same spot, quick succession)

I encountered this issue today while playing meepo and later on tested it in a private lobby, seems to be persistant:
    When i have multiple meepos selected (lets say 3) and i want to poof them all to a single meepo far away one of the meepos stay behind while the other two succesfully poofed
    Repro:
    Have meepo lvl 11 or 16
    Put one clone far away from the others
    Select the group of meepos and proceed to cast poof on the meepo far away by
    -Activate the skill
    -Click a point in the minimap close to the meepo sent away
    -Press tab to select the next meepo
    -Repeat until you commanded every meepo in the group to poof

It seems as if the second iteration the mouse click on the minimap is completely ignored and the meepo wont cast the ability at all

Important Note: If you take your time to switch between meepos and casting the ability this could be avoided, you have to do it as fast as possible. Having to do it slowly is not a solution

EDIT: i forgot to add this only happens when you use the minimap to poof, not the screen

Additional: This happens to all orders issued in quick succession on the same spot on the minimap.
    Last edited by blash365; 04-19-2013 at 05:48 AM. Reason: added addition

Basic Member
    And I am pretty sure the bug is a keyboard issue.

Can't repro.
    Last edited by Shamanics; 09-22-2012 at 12:15 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanics View Post
    And I am pretty sure the bug is a keyboard issue.

Can't repro.
    I've had friends to test it, same thing happens
    If you're not an experienced meepo player you might find it hard to repro at the first time since it requires some skill with the hero at first
    Note that this doesn't happen at all if you click the screen instead of the minimap... for me it never happens if clicking the screen, but always happens when clicking the minimap

Basic Member
    Yup, it seems the problem is with only minimap (was testing ground for some weird reason lol).

The problem is not only with meepo but with any ability you can cast through the minimap, if you click an ability on the minimap it seems you can't click another one for 100-150 ms (estimated since I can only move 1 Meepo through casting fast on the minimap).

oh its a standard command i think, if you want to fix it type 'dota_minimap_misclick_time "0"' in your console or in your config

What it does: //Removes delay before allowing input on minimap (Default "0.02")

Can you test it after you did it?

Basic Member
    Ok so i typed dota_minimap_misclick_time "0" into the console and tested, didn't go away, still works the same
    Also tried with dota_minimap_misclick_time 0 (without the "") and failed to fix the issue

Thanks for the advise anyways, but it didn't work

EDIT: the command seems to do something somewhat unrelated to the issue... as the description follows it's supposed to prevent you from clicking the minimap when the mouse enters it's frame, not double click lag or anything like it
    Last edited by Dirac; 09-23-2012 at 11:02 AM.

Basic Member
    Yes i can reproduce it all 3 meepo poof away using minimap where the isolated meepo located, the 1st meepo will poof away as usual but 2nd or 3rd it might not poof and do nothing at all.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    So I tried to reproduce it and what I found out that the every second meepo wont follow because the minimap wont accept the click.
    so what I do is w+click+tab+w+click[not accepted]+tab+w+click+tab+w+click[not accepted]
    you dont need one meepo far away just tabbing and see the cd on the spells will be enough,

*Not tried with console because It wont open, no clue how that works

okay so I tried with the console to set dota_minimap_misclick_time "0" and it didnt solve it. I tried setting it to 10 which gave strange results
    Assuming after each poff I would have to wait 10 seconds until I could click on the minimap
    Result: sometimes It happened that I couldnt click on the minimap for 10 seconds and sometimes it was like normal, like I had never touched that variable before
    Last edited by okamis; 10-05-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Basic Member
    This is why you cant click the minimap for 10 seconds sometimes when you tweak the code...

Quote Originally Posted by Dirac View Post
    the command seems to do something somewhat unrelated to the issue... as the description follows it's supposed to prevent you from clicking the minimap when the mouse enters it's frame, not double click lag or anything like it
    So that command solves nothing
    I couldn't found any command that could fix