The cost of buyback should be rounded down in intervals of 50

Repro:

1) Hold cursor over gold to reveal buyback cost

Result:

Buyback cost is an unrounded number

Buyback cost.jpg

Expected Result:

Buyback cost should be rounded down

Not waiting until your hero respawns and paying the buyback fee (100+Level*Level*1.5+GameTime*15, rounded down to a multiplier of 50). This will take away from your reliable gold pool first.
    http://www.playdota.com/mechanics/Gold

Basic Member
    It is rounded cause otherwise the amount of abilities needed would be tremendous.

Volunteer Moderator
    Oh duh. Didn't even think of that, still worth reporting as a change anyway, probably intended then

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanics View Post
    It is rounded cause otherwise the amount of abilities needed would be tremendous.
    what? please rephrase.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    I think he means that rounding was used in wc3 to avoid excessive amount of buyback abilities (buyback icons at taverns) in editor.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rene View Post
    I think he means that rounding was used in wc3 to avoid excessive amount of buyback abilities (buyback icons at taverns) in editor.
    You mean circle of power. But basically each buyback "ability" needs a different cost, so to divide the total number required icefrog made it round every 50, hence reducing the total number of "buyback abilities" used by the circle by 50 times. The circle of power always has the ability "buyback hero" which just changes based on the equation given in the OP.

IMO this should be added to the intended fix list.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyn-Ryder View Post
    You mean circle of power. But basically each buyback "ability" needs a different cost, so to divide the total number required icefrog made it round every 50, hence reducing the total number of "buyback abilities" used by the circle by 50 times. The circle of power always has the ability "buyback hero" which just changes based on the equation given in the OP.

IMO this should be added to the intended fix list.
    Exactly.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    what? please rephrase.
    More or less the same reason as to why we have damage abilities as +1, +2, +4, +8, +16, +32, +64, +128, +256. They are that way cause it is impractical to have an ability for +1 damage, another one for +2 damage, another one for +3 damage, +4 damage, +5,+6,+7......
    The same here, it is impractical to have a buyback for every gold cost, 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc. Imagine that if abilities for damage usually don't go over +1000 unless retardedly long games, then buyback that can go up to 2.5k in any normal game is truly impractical to have.

Basic Member
    added to intended fix list.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage