Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Maiden Voice is awful

Quote Originally Posted by AychAychAych View Post
    You have no point to misunderstand, you just don't like the personalities VALVe has chosen. There is nothing else to this discussion.
    Give me a better reason to care for your opinion cos now I feel rather apathetic.
    Personalities are not the issue here. Dryad represents her frolicsome nature without disregarding her ferocity and conviction.

Crystal Maiden dialogue and voice represents an impaired view of women. She has failed to achieve any conviction and seems superficial.
    [Tweak] Chen - Holy Persuasion | [SUGGESTION] Inventory Undo | [SUGGESTION] Select All Units | [Suggestion] Show Shopkeepers portrait over hero potrait when at the Shop. | [Store] Sell different teleport animations $$$

To be fair, CM almost got roasted, before Viper smacked into Lina's face; I'd have trouble to speak with "conviction", too.

Aww. I thought she sounded pretty now. ):
    Melodia みずき~♥

Quote Originally Posted by mizumelodia View Post
    Aww. I thought she sounded pretty now. ):
    That's because all female figures in Asia are represented this way.
    [Tweak] Chen - Holy Persuasion | [SUGGESTION] Inventory Undo | [SUGGESTION] Select All Units | [Suggestion] Show Shopkeepers portrait over hero potrait when at the Shop. | [Store] Sell different teleport animations $$$

Quote Originally Posted by Zpredator View Post
    That's because all female figures in Asia are represented this way.
    Uhh Valve is a western game company.

Dryad's is much worse than maiden's... but yeah, they are supposed to be heroes, not ditzy house wives

Quote Originally Posted by Apewall View Post
    Dryad's is much worse than maiden's... but yeah, they are supposed to be heroes, not ditzy house wives
    Lina and Mirana sound convicted enough, what's wrong with variety?

Basic Member
    So having just one or two heroes sounding ditzy or bimbo-ee is already that bad that you'd have to change their voice? It is a stereotype and Valve did it on purpose. Look at TF2. It's a game full of stereotyped voices

That's how Valve shows personality to their characters and that's why people love (and dislike) it. They made Lina's and Mirana's voices make sure that the player that uses them is convinced that they're playing with (or rather, as) someone they either dislike or enjoy. That's the same for CM and Enchantress. They have their own magnetic appeal and opposing repulsion.

I'm sure soon enough Valve will release a Hero with a homosexual voice that sounds like it would want to give every male hero it pwn'd a head. Will people complain about it? Probably yes. But will other people love how it is introduced? Also a yes. The thing is Valve doesn't attract players with FULL ON "seriousness", they attract their players because they approach games like it was a comedy show (even HL2 follows that at some points, and TF2 is the most evident of said criterion). A show isn't complete without a bimbo or a childish sweetheart in it.

What would be wrong is that CM would have that voice, but her dialogue would be something like Shadow Fiend's. THAT needs changing. Same thing goes if Juggernaut's voice was used over Windrunner's dialogue.

I'm not saying you should LOVE THE FUCK OUT of CM, but the fact that you accept that there are people out there that do love CM for many reasons and probably it includes the voice acting. It's not fitting to the scene DotA (not DOTA mind you) tried to introduce, but Valve barely tries to do it in the first place, especially since the visual graphics of the game are inclined to heavy phong and cartoony shapes instead of a more realistic approach like your run-on-a-mill shooter games.

Basic Member
    I don't think they need to find a new voice actor for her. Maybe just lower the pitch slightly. Some of Enchantress' lines sound annoyingly high pitched, too.

I am a male human being and I like this stereotypical female voice acting. But that's just my preference I guess.