Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The shop needs work

People buy while in lane, from the main shop, they won't be able to notice if they are being attacked or something if they their screen covered by the shop.
    I would say that pressing the buy button or quick buy button would also default as the current UI. Good catch though.

Basic Member
    I would like the *option* to have only icons shown, no names or prices.
    Names are fine for beginners but once people go pro they only click / hot key.

I already know what I want to buy and how much it costs, I don't need 80% of the panel crowded up by info I already know.

Totally agree with OP.

Basic Member
    I agree that the shop needs some work. You can't sell items from stash, which is bothersome, because of how easy it is to misclick onto some other item. You should be able to sell items from stash, with a complete refund withing 15-20sec.

The search function is also a bit bothersome, in the way that spamming the hotkey you have bound the shop to does not close the shop if you are typing. There should be a way to close the shop while in the search field, for example pressing your shop hotkey three times in rapid succession. Also, hotkeys should be bound to keys, not numbers, as some of the numbers can be hard to reach.
    In my opinion there should also be a hotkey to highlight the search in the shop, so you don't have to use your mouse to shop. That way you might still be able to land a last hit while searching.

I also agree, i dont really like the idea of making the shop like it is now , ofc its better for the "newbies" ,but that would change the way dota is....

i just want to say that there are more people coming in DOTA 2 from DotA rather than new people who never played it before, and instead of making the old players getting used to the new shop system we should make the new players know our "old system" , it really is frustrating of finding the recipe i want , or the actual item.... OR!!!

I just thought of this now.... They should make such an option for new and old players , the same option they gave about the skill hotkeys.

Allowing old players to have the old style shop system ( if thats possible ofc) and the new ones have the current one, if they love it so much

Current shop is clumsy and counter-intuitive.
    I have played many games and still find even the most common items hard to find and time consuming.
    A shop with bigger icons only, and no names, with tooltips appearing when you hover over the items would be much better.

Even if as a toggleable option.

Basic Member
    With time you get pretty fast finding what u need.

At the top there is a search feature and you can type "town" and get a town scroll pretty quickly.

play a few games and you will get used to the shop and the positioning really quickly.
    Last edited by Halper; 11-20-2011 at 12:13 AM.

Basic Member
    the location of the tp in the consumables page is really troublesome. it should be the first one, some consistency goes a long way (since the side shop tp is easily accessible at the top).

been playing for a week++ now and still finding it hard to buy items that require recipes and ingredients. sometimes i just want to buy the recipe but it takes too long to look for the item and then clicking it once to reveal the components needed etcetc.

another option that would be great is if there are a few "saved options" that can be used to buy a list of preconfigured user-selected items.

for example, i usually start with a gauntlet, circlet, a tanggo, a chick and 3 branches for quite a few heroes. instead of having to purchase them all manually, u can click on the saved option (that remembers your item list) and the shop could automatically buy them for you. u can even configure various customized item lists to make buying items easier. these can also be implemented with hotkeys. for example, ctrl+shift+1 could buy item list 1, ctrl+shift+2 cud buy item list 2 which consists of town portal etc etc.

Basic Member
    idd current shop is wierd and inconvenient... in d1 it was easier and faster

maybe classic separate shops would solve this problem

Basic Member
    Seeing as how all of the posters here are new, it just means you haven't tried it longer than a week. Try it longer and you will have it down. To me its pretty darn solid, the search is great.