Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The shop needs work

Basic Member

The shop needs work

Okay, im going to be straight forward here, and i know that everybody isn't hating this shop, but i am for several reasons. In my opinion the DotA2 shop is the worst of the 3 games. Imho the regular DotA shop is vastly superior as well. And im going to point out some things that annoy me.

*Common items such as townportals are endless clicks away. In DotA, i can by my scroll with a minimum of 1 click + hotkey (or 2 clicks). Here it takes endless of clicks and its hidden in the center. If your mouse-aim is slightly off you are going to buy something else which is annoying because imho the "click area" for the right item is to small.

*Selling items, for some reason i always drag the item to the shop interface instead of fat merchant when i try to sell items which results in an annoying drop behind the interface... I know that you can right click and press "sell" to sell the item... But sometimes you do it the other way for some random reason and that is annoying.

*The shop can actually buy the same item twice if you right click a finished item. I got 2 magic sticks for instance. Why can that "fast buy" result in doubble items?

*Counterintuitive Hotkeys in the shop. The TP-scroll in base is at "5" while in the sideshop its on "1". Well... I know they are sorted by price but when using hotkeys you get used to the one u use the most... and thats "5". The obvious best way to solve this is to move up the Townportal to first slot in main shop...

*Stash - Courier - Hero - Player interaction isn't really good i think.

*Shop does not indicate which parts you already have when you are continuing to buy a recepie (in that area that shows the parts on the bottom of the shop-interface) which can be annoying tbh.

*Courier can't sell items that you missbought because of the weak design of the shop...

*Also you can buy items from the sideshop and get them to your stash... This is amazingly annoying. If i buy in the sideshop the last thing i want is my items going to a stash... This can really ruin your game. And all that needs to be done is that you are slightly out of range for the side shop and your items go to stash.

[EDIT] K, noticed people bringing up some of the issues.
    Last edited by NaaaRyyS; 11-24-2011 at 12:28 PM.

Basic Member
    also sucks that if you use a TP to go to a tower from the base you cant swap something in from your stash into its spot while it channels

unless im doing something wrong

Basic Member
    The only quoll I have with the shop is the initial reaction you get when first seeing it, what the f*** do I do :P

I believe you could counter this with a practice game or maybe selecting anything but experienced when first playing dota2, but my friend had the same reaction & watching his replay shows him spending at least 5 minutes in the shop interface before he figures out right click to buy & that items no longer require parts+recipe. Other than that after playing about 5 games I'm somewhat familiar with the shop & spend only a little extra time than I would in dota1.

I would like the main shop to give me a full sized UI, while the side shops are the same, but have the option of expanding to a full sized UI.

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisthis View Post
    I would like the main shop to give me a full sized UI, while the side shops are the same, but have the option of expanding to a full sized UI.
    People buy while in lane, from the main shop, they won't be able to notice if they are being attacked or something if they their screen covered by the shop.
    good day, sir.

Yeah i'm not fond of where they put the TP or other consumables. I suggested a while ago that they have a seperate outstretched tab for consumables, much like the suggested items. I think that would really help quickly buying things like TPs.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MajinCilos View Post
    Yeah i'm not fond of where they put the TP or other consumables. I suggested a while ago that they have a seperate outstretched tab for consumables, much like the suggested items. I think that would really help quickly buying things like TPs.
    I have to agree with you on this. It shouldn't take that long to buy consumables.

Basic Member
    Very good points OP. I've seen some of your posted ideas floating on these forums in various other threads. Nice to have them in one place.

I agree with OP.

There will be no shops with multiple NPCs like DotA 1?

It was much better for quickly chosing the shop.