Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 56

Thread: [Fixed] Spirit Breaker, Slardar, and Faceless Void can't buy Basher at all

  1. #1
    Basic Member Drkirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    894

    [Fixed] Spirit Breaker, Slardar, and Faceless Void can't buy Basher at all

    It seems at some point, someone at Valve made it so you can't buy Basher on heroes with a built in bash. The problem is, they should be able to, the bash simply shouldn't work on these heroes once they level up their bash (Also note, the Bash from Basher should work if they chose to not level up their bash for what ever dumb reason).

    The biggest problem that this brings is that it makes it so you can no longer buy Abyssal Blade on these heroes, which is still a good late game option.
    Last edited by Drkirby; 09-26-2012 at 09:55 AM.

  2. #2
    Why would you want to buy Abyssal Blade? Although it does give stat/damage boosts, you're pretty much shooting yourself in the foot if you want to buy them, there's other, better alternatives to both items. I'm sure Valve has done this so people don't accidentally waste gold.
    Last edited by JesusSeaWarrior; 09-26-2012 at 10:29 AM.

  3. #3
    Basic Member Drkirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    894
    People should be free to waste their gold. A large reason to get Abyssal it is the active, which is a guaranteed stun though magic immunity, plus it is the highest raw damage item in the game outside of DR.

  4. #4
    They may reverse it later, but a lot of people are new to Dota, and probably won't understand and go "Hey look, extra stun"

    I'd say keep it as is for now..

  5. #5
    Basic Member knurlhelm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,688
    for that money you can get a daedalus and you have 1000 extra to get an ac, the abyssal it's kinda dumb for a basher hero (those stuns goes thru bkb too)

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by knurlhelm View Post
    for that money you can get a daedalus and you have 1000 extra to get an ac, the abyssal it's kinda dumb for a basher hero (those stuns goes thru bkb too)
    As said here, those stuns are physical, meaning they should go through BKB. (IIRC though, Barathrum's is magical, so it shouldn't go through, not sure) But Slardar's (damage is magical, stun is physical, opposite for Crush), Void (Same as Slar)and (When he's released) Jah`Rakal's bash should all go through magic immune.
    Last edited by JesusSeaWarrior; 09-26-2012 at 10:26 AM.

  7. #7
    Basic Member ThoAppelsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,893
    Ok guys, it is a matter of choice, isn't it?
    With the same mentality, we'd better have the ability to buy MoM whenever the hero has any kind of other orb-effect item.

    I find such an opinion based bug report chat pretty annoying. Try to be objective.
    It is a bug, if it is true. I am currently on the mm queue, so I can't confirm for myself.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoAppelsin View Post
    Ok guys, it is a matter of choice, isn't it?
    With the same mentality, we'd better have the ability to buy MoM whenever the hero has any kind of other orb-effect item.

    I find such an opinion based bug report chat pretty annoying. Try to be objective.
    It is a bug, if it is true. I am currently on the mm queue, so I can't confirm for myself.
    MoM and other Orb Effects state they don't stack with other orb effects. None of the Bash skills state it in game, so if you're new to the game, or just completely lazy and can't be bothered reading, you're not going to know that Cranium Basher and AB don't work alongside the other bash-stuns.. Blink Dagger isn't available for certain heroes either, not due to the same issues, though.

  9. #9
    Basic Member ThoAppelsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,893
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusSeaWarrior View Post
    MoM and other Orb Effects state they don't stack with other orb effects. None of the Bash skills state it in game, so if you're new to the game, or just completely lazy and can't be bothered reading, you're not going to know that Cranium Basher and AB don't work alongside the other bash-stuns.. Blink Dagger isn't available for certain heroes either, not due to the same issues, though.
    Wtf man!?
    You have denied my suggestion about disabling getting a MoM if you already have another orb-effect item with "they state that they do not stack".
    And then you have defended this BUG (it is) with "some players can't be bothered reading".

    Just, wtf!?

    Blink dagger is a completely different story. That is truly not even slightly related.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoAppelsin View Post
    Wtf man!?
    You have denied my suggestion about disabling getting a MoM if you already have another orb-effect item with "they state that they do not stack".
    And then you have defended this BUG (it is) with "some players can't be bothered reading".

    Just, wtf!?

    Blink dagger is a completely different story. That is truly not even slightly related.
    Read again, I know what you're saying, I get that. But some Orb-Effects override other orb effects. (Furion [example] with MoM [rofl] and a Maelstrom, both work, Maelstrom just overtakes the MoM when it procs)

    Traxex regularly gets MoM with her own Orb Effect.. Disabling Orb Effects is a bad idea.

    It's not even related to AB/CB at all.. But you still brought it up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •