Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we get day/night ambiance?

Basic Member

Can we get day/night ambiance?

It seems both sides of the map have a general ambiance. The Radiant side has birds chirping even in the dead of night, while the Dire side is just rumbling with the occasional owl. Why not silence the chirping on the Radiant side and add crickets and other nocturnal ambiance to both sides during night time? It sure would help versus Nightstalker.

+1.
    It would add to the atmosphere

+1 sounds like a nice idea
    Izhai acha sof!
    Quote Originally Posted by malachiel View Post
    i read that luhmann for fun, just to flatter my own intellect. you graduated in internet-psychology at the wikiversity of honolulu.

Basic Member
    I like it! I still wish we had more critters as well now that we have an option to turn it off <.<

AAAHHHHH BALANCING AGAINST NIGHTTALKER WILL BE UNBALANCED WAAAAAHHH

good idea why not
    ~Never forget~

Basic Member
    This would be nice. Random weather effects would be nice too, like it randomly starts raining for like 3 minutes, then stops. Or the game could progress through seasons, like by 25 minutes in the leaves start to change colors and by 40 minutes it's snowing. It would put a fun emphasis on game length, like "we've been battling so long that now it's winter!" Of course this would have to be done in a way that balance wold not be affected, I think it wold be fine though.

Basic Member
    The thing I liked the most about it when I saw the day/night cycle in my first dota 2 game was how ambient it felt. Adding on to that feeling can't be bad. +1

Basic Member
    How about bringing the whole weather system from Dota 1 into Dota 2?

Nothing like fighting in the rain..

Quote Originally Posted by Callipygius View Post
    This would be nice. Random weather effects would be nice too, like it randomly starts raining for like 3 minutes, then stops. Or the game could progress through seasons, like by 25 minutes in the leaves start to change colors and by 40 minutes it's snowing. It would put a fun emphasis on game length, like "we've been battling so long that now it's winter!" Of course this would have to be done in a way that balance wold not be affected, I think it wold be fine though.
    This sounds REAAALLY awesome! But I'd prefer they add all the heroes first before adding things like these.
    Izhai acha sof!
    Quote Originally Posted by malachiel View Post
    i read that luhmann for fun, just to flatter my own intellect. you graduated in internet-psychology at the wikiversity of honolulu.

Cool idea