Thread: Clutch item usage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

Clutch item usage

I'm wondering if anyone else is having problems using items in clutch moments. For example: I can't seem to activate magic wand before the last attack kills me, or I cannot force staff quick enough before storm bolt hits me.

It could just be my bad luck, but it happened so many times now. I normally could do this in WC3 DotA. Is this an issue for others as well?

Yea, realized that too but at some occasion it works for me.

Example, in one game, Sven storm bolt me.
    I cast manta, the bolt made a turn and followed me,
    I forced staff myself just about the bolt going to hit me, it made a turn and still following me,
    then my friend used his Pudge Hook to hook me away at a critical moment, it still chased me.
    Then I gave up.. just let my hero get hit.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BenSkysong View Post
    Yea, realized that too but at some occasion it works for me.

Example, in one game, Sven storm bolt me.
    I cast manta, the bolt made a turn and followed me,
    I forced staff myself just about the bolt going to hit me, it made a turn and still following me,
    then my friend used his Pudge Hook to hook me away at a critical moment, it still chased me.
    Then I gave up.. just let my hero get hit.
    Force staffing doesn't avoid storm bolt. What I meant to do in my example was to force staff myself to get stunned in a better (farther) location, but this failed because I think the game didn't respond quick enough; not so that I didn't reacted quick enough.

Basic Member
    I know it's been a long time, but it's still bothering me. What exactly is the difference in dota2 compared to warcraft 3 in terms of accepting actions?