Thread: [Confirmed] Earthbind changes Auto-Attack behaviour

[Unconfirmed] changing targets while netted / poofing, Disconnects & Ulti interrupt

Hi all,

Not gonna bother with the Aegis / gold, everybody knows that ... And the net most definitely feels quite different.
    Anyways, here's a quick test I was doing after some games haven't quite gone as expected:
    Match 43529220

Here's what comes to mind:
    1) When Meepo gains an additional Meepo (At least from Levelling, not tested with Aghs for example if a courier were to bring you the final piece of Aghs), the primary Meepo stops doing what he was doing, however the additional Meepos continue walking.
    This can be seen at 1:50 and 2:40

2) When Meepo disconnects, only the primary Meepo goes back to base.
    This can be seen at 5:00 when the primary Meepo walks back but the other two clones remain

3) This is mostly what I was trying to prove when I came across the other two. Sometimes a hero attacking Meepo changes targets when he poofs.
    I'm still not entirely sure what the reasoning is behind it, I wasn't able to fully replicate it, but if you look at Huskars player-perspective at 4:04, I net him and then poof, and Huskar changes targets (BOTH are within range)
    Then at 4:18, you'll see what I mean, he's not in the net and doesn't change targets.

So initially it appears to be because Huskar is netted. However, I do it again at 4:30 while he's in the net and Huskar *doesn't* change heroes.
    Shouldn't Huskar keep attacking the same meepo even if he's netted, provided he's poofing within range?

Has anybody else come across anything similar?

EDIT:
    Bloodstone on Meepo. Going by other bugs I figured in a private game with some friends I'd try and get a Bloodstone. It was interesting, didn't lose my charges when dying, though I'm unsure if that was because it wasn't the primary Meepo who died or not (Didn't deliberately try getting Meepo primary killed).
    Happened a few times, was fantastic late-game to have a dozen charges that never went down, made respawn time excellent!!
    Can somebody else confirm with additional testing about primary vs secondary meepos dying and the charges on Bloodstone not changing as they should?
    Last edited by Chilling_Silence; 09-26-2012 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Added Bloodstone info

Bumping thread
    Noticed last night I was Meepo playing vs a Huskar that the bug occured with changing targets, only this time it worked in my favor a little

Added info on Bloodstone. Was playing a game with some friends, took a stab in the dark, and low and behold I was right on the money and it doesn't decrease the charges! Was fantastic!

Banned

[Confirmed] Earthbind changes Auto-Attack behaviour

Reproduction:
    -createhero Meepo enemy
    -createhero Dragon enemy (for dragon knight)
    pick a ranged hero, for example destroyer.
    Put Dragon Knight very close to destroyer, Meepo a little further away, then auto-attack Meepo.
    Let Meepo cast Earthbind on Destroyer

Result:
    Destroyer changes his attack target (to Dragon Knight)

Expected result:
    Earthbind shouldn't affect auto-attack behaviour. Destroyer should still be attacking Meepo.

This is probably related to this annoying bug

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    pretty sure it was reported already though.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Yeah had another game as Meepo, it went terribly, but I noticed again a few times after Huskar would ulti one of my Meepos he'd change targets to another meepo, but I can't seem to reproduce it reliably. I wonder if it has to do with Meepo Prime vs Clones?

Bloodstone bug still an issue, though glad to see they're fixing the Aegis so I can finally start picking it up in-game.

Meepo disconnecting and only having the primary meepo walk back also confirmed.

Basic Member
    found it.
    that's what happens when you guys create threads about multiple bugs...
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Ah! OK thanks, and I see it's merged with this now. Want me to re-create one new thread for each of the other 3 bugs mentioned, specifically the Bloodstone one?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilling_Silence View Post
    Ah! OK thanks, and I see it's merged with this now. Want me to re-create one new thread for each of the other 3 bugs mentioned, specifically the Bloodstone one?
    that would be nice.