Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Meepo exp distribution is incorrect

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Meepo exp distribution is incorrect

Sorry this is rather difficult to test and the clients down for a few minutes, but I was getting the distinct impression in my last game that Meepo was not dividing exp with his allies the same way as DotA 1. In WC3, each Meepo would count as a hero and take a share of the experience. If you had 4 meepos and 4 allies in the range of a kill, you'd actually take 50% of the exp and your allies would share 12.5% each, instead of 20% each. But I was noticing no giant exp gains from kills

Tougher to confirm since you *also* have to do it in wc3 to make sure its actually that way

Correction:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyn-Ryder View Post
    Alright, from my tests it's actually wrong. He's getting TOO MUCH xp... I checked in dota 1, 4 meepo + 4 allies against an enemy lvl 25. Meepo got 1287 XP and the rest each got 423.

Dota 2: Meepo got 1688 (422 * 4) and the rest got 422. I think the problem is to do with the extra hero in aoe experience granted. Meepo should only be counting as 1 hero but is actually counting as several.

From playdota:
    bonus experience for hero kills and players surrounding:
    5 Heroes: 10+5*LevelOfDyingHero

2300/8+10+5*25 = 422.5 (experience each OTHER hero gets in both games). This is simply multiplied by 4 in dota 2, so 1688. In WC3 DotA 2300/2+10+5*25 = 1285. The extra 2 is due to 422.5 being rounded up 4 times (once for each meepo).

This has also shown that WC3 and Dota 2 round differently. Dota 2 seems to round down where WC3 uses the standard rounding convention.

In WC3 Meepo only counts as 1 hero for all of the bonus XP calcs, just checked with killing a single hero. In Dota 2 he counts as multiple, leading to excess experience gain, and potential experience defecit for allies.

EDIT:

Actually he can potentially get too little

1 Hero: 120+20*LevelOfDyingHero
    2 Heroes: 90+15*LevelOfDyingHero
    3 Heroes: 30+7*LevelOfDyingHero
    4 Heroes: 15+6*LevelOfDyingHero

Lets say he has 5 meepos, he will get 5*(10 xp + 5 * level) = 50 xp + 25 * level, if they are level 10 he will get a bonus of 50 + 25*10 = 300 xp, where he would get 120 + 20*10 = 320 xp if he got the bonus in the way he should.

The extra gold on hero kills is working correctly (probably fixed when they fixed track)

TL;DR Meepo's bonus XP for hero kills is bugged.
    Last edited by blash365; 09-29-2012 at 05:54 PM. Reason: added correction

Basic Member
    With 4 meepos and 4 allied heroes you get 50% exp in dota 2, just tested...

Volunteer Moderator
    Alright, from my tests it's actually wrong. He's getting TOO MUCH xp... I checked in dota 1, 4 meepo + 4 allies against an enemy lvl 25. Meepo got 1287 XP and the rest each got 423.

Dota 2: Meepo got 1688 (422 * 4) and the rest got 422. I think the problem is to do with the extra hero in aoe experience granted. Meepo should only be counting as 1 hero but is actually counting as several.

From playdota:
    bonus experience for hero kills and players surrounding:

2300/8+10+5*25 = 422.5 (experience each OTHER hero gets in both games). This is simply multiplied by 4 in dota 2, so 1688. In WC3 DotA 2300/2+10+5*25 = 1285. The extra 2 is due to 422.5 being rounded up 4 times (once for each meepo).

This has also shown that WC3 and Dota 2 round differently. Dota 2 seems to round down where WC3 uses the standard rounding convention.

In WC3 Meepo only counts as 1 hero for all of the bonus XP calcs, just checked with killing a single hero. In Dota 2 he counts as multiple, leading to excess experience gain, and potential experience defecit for allies.

EDIT:

Actually he can potentially get too little

1 Hero: 120+20*LevelOfDyingHero
    2 Heroes: 90+15*LevelOfDyingHero
    3 Heroes: 30+7*LevelOfDyingHero
    4 Heroes: 15+6*LevelOfDyingHero

Lets say he has 5 meepos, he will get 5*(10 xp + 5 * level) = 50 xp + 25 * level, if they are level 10 he will get a bonus of 50 + 25*10 = 300 xp, where he would get 120 + 20*10 = 320 xp if he got the bonus in the way he should.

The extra gold on hero kills is working correctly (probably fixed when they fixed track)

TL;DR Meepo's bonus XP for hero kills is bugged.
    Last edited by Wyn-Ryder; 09-28-2012 at 12:45 AM.

Basic Member
    ^what if the main meepo is not in the exp range? will he even get the bonus exp?

Volunteer Moderator
    WC3 DotA: He will not. So only the main meepo should be considered for bonus XP. Meepo doesn't get "assist gold" if the main meepo is not in the appropriate kill aoe either.

Not sure about the assist gold in Dota 2. Can't test it for a while

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyn-Ryder View Post
    WC3 DotA: He will not. So only the main meepo should be considered for bonus XP. Meepo doesn't get "assist gold" if the main meepo is not in the appropriate kill aoe either.

Not sure about the assist gold in Dota 2. Can't test it for a while
    kinda expected this. i am not sure if it is intended or not though. those triggered exp is tricky.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    added to sticky.
    better edit OP a bit. OP is "wrong", but #3 is the confirmed bug.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric37073 View Post
    better edit OP a bit. OP is "wrong", but #3 is the confirmed bug.
    done.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Ty for that, thats why I post it to the brainstorm forum :S