Thread: Watch game while areadly plaing a match is possible.

Basic Member

Watch game while areadly plaing a match is possible.

So another day luna model from enemy team just dispaer, making she impossible to even select(a commom bug areadly know by u, i think), then i decied disconnect/reconnect from, game, but then, when i got in dashboard, the is no button disconnect!!(i think maybe was intetionally or areadly know by you). I thinked for while, and i not want to restart dota 2, beacause will take too long to restart all the game and problably i will get a abbandon.

So, i have a idea: try to watch some friend match. At first, i thinked it would be impossible, nut then i left click on and select watch. Voi lá, i did it! So i got back to the dash board and the button of reconnect was back, then i got back much more quickly. Was usefull that time, but i think this is a bug, like the model dissapear is a bug, and the button missing is a bug(should be). Problably, watch a replay or a live game is also possible, and shoulnd't either. Maybe, u can make a party witha frien, start a macth, then wacth your own match by your friend, watch give u a huge vantage when looking for ward and stuff like lanaya ult. Anyway, i'm just reporting. Have good day, sir!

Sumary:
    Its possible to watch a match while areadly playing one, but it shouldn't

Repro steps:
    1) Got in any game.
    2) Go back to dashboard.
    3)Left click a random friend playing in a macth rigth now.
    4) Select "Watch match"(dunno the english expression, since i have my game in another language)

Result:
    The loading screen appear and u got disconnect form your own game, but watart to watch of your friend

Expected Result:
    Got a error message saying you can't watch a game while playing a match.
    Last edited by justiceiro; 09-27-2012 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Forget the standart
    What a man can get from a extinct civilisation : Atlantis' Trident Lost Treasure

Basic Member
    they removed the disconnect button probably as an attempt to reduce rage quit or so. usually if u got a bug and want to reconnect, use console command "disconnect". that's faster than watch a live game or replay. go back to the topic. i dont think it should prohibit u from watching another game when playing one. u can rarely do this by mistake.

if you want to recon, you should use the task manager and end Dota2.exe
    if you pushed the power button on Dota 2 menu, you'll be declared as abandon.

there are just too many noobs who keep on quitting a game intentionally so Valve took the Disconnect button off.
    so yea its either you watch a game or you follow my steps on top.
    Last edited by aeon44; 09-28-2012 at 12:08 AM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by aeon44 View Post
    if you want to recon, you should use the task manager and end Dota2.exe
    if you pushed the power button on Dota 2 menu, you'll be declared as abandon.

there are just too many noobs who keep on quitting a game intentionally so Valve took the Disconnect button off.
    so yea its either you watch a game or you follow my steps on top.
    Console is easiest way, by far. You don't automatically get an abandon for hitting the power button, you can still exit Dota 2 with that and reconnect, as long as you get back before your 5 minutes is up you're fine.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justiceiro View Post
    Maybe, u can make a party witha frien, start a macth, then wacth your own match by your friend, watch give u a huge vantage when looking for ward and stuff like lanaya ult.
    If you are spectating games, the game is delayed for you by some minutes. Else you could just have a friend spectating your game and he could tell you everything about wards, ganks etc

Thats true, it is exactly 2 minutes delayed. Observer Wards last 6 minutes, so it is possible to scout wards while spectating that actually areent outdated at game time.

Also it can help if you forgot the rosh time. You can check his respawn timer as spectator.

I don't know any other things you can exploit while spectating as the rest of the game is very fast paced and information that is 2 minutes old will rarely help you.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Yan Nic View Post
    Thats true, it is exactly 2 minutes delayed. Observer Wards last 6 minutes, so it is possible to scout wards while spectating that actually areent outdated at game time.

Also it can help if you forgot the rosh time. You can check his respawn timer as spectator.

I don't know any other things you can exploit while spectating as the rest of the game is very fast paced and information that is 2 minutes old will rarely help you.
    Techies when he is implemented... Hopefully they make the mines invisible to spectators or something like that... VERY abusable.