Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chat bug.

Basic Member

Unhappy Chat bug.

This bug happened just today. When i want to use in-game chat the game freezes and just cant do anything with this. Im opening chat, taping some words and then after 3-5 seconds game just freezes. I can only kill the process via taskmanager. This bug repeats ALL the time i want to use chat.

Seems more like a localized issue than something that affects everybody, the proof being that you can see others chatting.

Try validating your game-files and / or re-downloading?

Basic Member
    Validating and re-downloading did not help.

Basic Member
    I wanted to specify that problem is with chatting during the match .. not in lobby!

Basic Member
    Another 3 people has the same issue on Dota2.ru forum, thread was started at 10.25 MSK. They trying to use chat during the game, pushing "Enter" and game just freezes. Re-downloading and validating didnt help them. Seems like its not my localized issue.

P.S Moderators, move thread back to "gameplay bugs" please because problem is not with "chat room". Thank you.
    Last edited by breakzy; 10-02-2012 at 01:57 AM.

Basic Member
    More and more people are having this issue, dota2.ru forum flooded by threads with the same issue. Nobody at this forum has the same? Maybe it happens only with russian/ukranian community players?

Game also freezes if you are trying to change language, for example I press alt+shift in-game and getting full freeze.
    Last edited by breakzy; 10-02-2012 at 02:17 PM.

Basic Member
    the same problem. waiting for the reaction of developers.

Basic Member
    Ok more details. There was a problem with in-game chatting (i had it about 3 weeks ago, but other people had it much earlier) .. When you tryed to type in russian language you had random symbols instead of normal letters. The solution was to change video mode from "fullscreen" to "windowed with border". In "windowed with border" mode russian lang in chat worked ok. I tried to change video mode to "windowed with border" today and game didnt freeze while im using chat and changing language, but again i have random symbols instead of normal letters.

Same problem

We just updated Dota 2 Test with some Unicode input fixes. If you're seeing this issue, please try the current Dota 2 Test build and see if it still happens there.