Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Teams should be allowed to have more than 5 members

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendonuts View Post
    I'm pretty sure they limited it to 5 because that's the number of players allowed per game, it's not hard to simply add/kick your teammates and add or remove players if they are present or not for your matches. That's how all the pro teams currently do it.

EDIT: although it would be nice if they added a subsection where we can place standins/replacements and hence make things easier.

Also, I think they'll probably expand on the team features (match scheduling/management integrated into the team page?) later on in the socialize tab/section. A Place where players can gather under their favorite teams and etc.
    The problem is if you do team mming it starts your rank over if you change the players around. Im glad Ive finally found this thread. It blows my mind why 5 is the limit. Yet pro teams can have subs all day depending on the tournys conditions. I believe that you should have 7 players per team and can be in two teams max. Also maybe allow for one sub per month that doesnt have to be on your team. That way if a emergency you kinda get a free player sub card but cant be abused since your only allowed to do this once a month.

But pls this needs to be fixed ASAP. Were not pro players who make money off this game. Its hard to have a set of 5 players that play at the same time all the time. This is why my team left dotabro.
    Forum mod & Game admin for oloUS.com...Check
    Forum mod & game mod for DotaPub.net.....Check
    Game mod for DotaCASH.com.....Check
    Mod for Dota 2.....work in progress

More players in team = more variances in skill to deal for MM = more unbalanced games.
    Read this if you want to know why so many games is very one sided: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...l=1#post436467

Banned
    In order to have more than 5 members in the team you need to pay money to VALVE. ITS A FEATURE THAT WILL COME SOON. I THINK ABOUT 10 or 20 $$$$$ to have more than 5 members.

bump

bump again for justice

Basic Member
    I would love it soooo much if we could have a 10 v 10 or something. LOL I love playing matches like that. In TF2 I always liked playing 16v16, and it was not suggested.... the more the merrier!

Banned
    Bump, I vote for 1 to 3 subs per team (the core team remaining only 5 of course)

Basic Member
    My team is facing this problm right now!

Does any developer or admin gave us some kind of answer?
    Will this be implemented?
    What's their position about it?