Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Known bugs

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuppetMaster42 View Post
    dotabuff uses the webapi (search for posts by Tharuler in this sub forum's threads, it's confirmed in here somewhere)
    They mention it in the special thanks section of their website http://dotabuff.com/pages/about#support. Also, I know I saw it somewhere, but they say that if you have been private for over 500 matches that they will not have that data available. So they run into many of the same problems everyone else does.

using dates was the only way to retrieve all matches for a steamID, start_match_id would stop at 500.
    and yea dotabuff probably queries very frequently and stores their own data, so they're not really affected by this.

Quote Originally Posted by countercrack View Post
    dotabuff probably queries very frequently and stores their own data, so they're not really affected by this.
    Yeah, they'll be affected by the date bug when a user unprivates their account and wants data..
    so hence the 500 match limit.
    unless, of course, you had your privacy settings turned off for less than 500 matches, cos they'll see your ID in those matches and save that in their DB for the rest of time, regardless of privacy settings.

but in general yeah, they would query so often that they don't need to worry about the bug when they just are just regularly pulling data.

Do you think Valve is aware of this bug at the moment...?
    Should we ask Volvo to help us telling them?

Basic Member
    Not to be super negative, but if this wasn't a deliberate move by Valve, then I'd suspect that when they fix it, they will only allow it to go 500 matches back. Every other argument has this limitation so I'm thinking that the date_max was a loophole. If you don't want to worry about these API issues in the future, building a server may be the way to go. I'm thinking of doing that myself and catching the next dump.

Basic Member
    Omg. Okay, i can use GetMatchDetails for all matches, from 1 to latest match, and after that find user by accID, steamID, etc. But it is unreal. I just make some application for myself and i have not dedicated server for it. Just imagine how much time i need to parse all current matches.

If you are getting more than a month's worth of data per month of 24/7 parsing, then you are probably going way above the rate limits. xD

Quote Originally Posted by xijhoy View Post
    Omg. Okay, i can use GetMatchDetails for all matches, from 1 to latest match, and after that find user by accID, steamID, etc. But it is unreal. I just make some application for myself and i have not dedicated server for it. Just imagine how much time i need to parse all current matches.
    Same here :/

Basic Member
    Please fix api issues!

Basic Member
    Any feedback?