Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Known bugs

Basic Member
    Here's a thread on Reddit that's getting some attention. Perhaps this will finally catch Valve's notice.

Basic Member
    hero_healing is reported incorrectly.

Check Match ID : 642432197

Api Reports : 375 on Vengeful Spirit

Ingame Console shows:

[23:21.94] Vengeful Spirit's Mekansm heals Vengeful Spirit for 250 health (403->653).
    [23:21.94] Vengeful Spirit's Mekansm heals Outworld Devourer for 81 health (905->986).
    [29:31.08] Vengeful Spirit's Mekansm heals Vengeful Spirit for 250 health (967->1217).
    [30:16.77] Vengeful Spirit's Mekansm heals Vengeful Spirit for 250 health (310->560).
    [30:16.77] Vengeful Spirit's Mekansm heals Viper for 250 health (195->445).
    [30:16.77] Vengeful Spirit's Mekansm heals Jakiro for 250 health (838->1088).

Quote Originally Posted by ScHaTten View Post
    hero_healing is reported incorrectly..
    the hero healing has always been something that you should take with a pinch of salt.

Basic Member
    So it's been a while... Any news about date min/max? Are they going to fix it or was it intentionally disabled?

Basic Member
    Is there a known inconsistency with how match start times are recorded? In the matches I've pulled, in comparison with what is shown to me in-client, a lot of the times seem off.

For example, matches apparently starting in the afternoon will show inside Dota2 as having actually been played 12 hours later. A lot of times in Dota 2 are shown as being 1 hour later than the date in the data, but I assume this is just the client showing me adjusted times due to being on summer time edit: it is.

Some matches are shown as 10 hours before or after the recorded time (exactly).?!?

A match I played yesterday has a different start time in client as it does in the data. However, other matches I played recently have the same time in the client as in the data.

Nevertheless, a match that occured at 1am in that timezone, always occured at 1am, it doesn't matter if the time has now shifted one way because of Summer...
    Last edited by cinephile; 05-30-2014 at 12:38 PM.
    "It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead."
    Io, the Guardian Wisp

are you doing the proper time zone conversions?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuppetMaster42 View Post
    are you doing the proper time zone conversions?
    No, I'm not doing any of that yet. I guess I have to check the cluster that the game was played on, and the time of year the game was played, in order to correct it?

The weird thing is that I only ever play on EU server so there should be no huge time lags (such as +/- 10 hours).

Anyway it's fairly trivial to mass-edit this stuff once I work out consistent rules to check for.
    "It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead."
    Io, the Guardian Wisp

no. all timestamps are unix timestamps.

which means they represent the number of seconds since 00:00:00 1/1/1970 in GMT.
    this is regardless of what server they were played on.

You don't have to convert if you're in london (your timezone is GMT).
    So just convert from unix timestamp and that should be your local time the match was played at.

Basic Member
    I had been converting them from UNIX time, but the times are still off in some cases, as I described. Not important except that the pedant in me wants to know why its happening and whether I can correct it. It makes a tiny difference when trying to work out the game version of the matches (I haven't missed a way of checking this via the API, have I?)
    Io, the Guardian Wisp

Quote Originally Posted by cinephile View Post
    work out the game version of the matches (I haven't missed a way of checking this via the API, have I?)
    there is no way to do this directly using the API.

considering you don't know the exact time patches land, I would be allowing for a bit of leeway either side of your proposed patch time.
    That would fix the problem.

But personally I haven't ever noticed an issue with starttime.
    The data I have collected personally has always matched the time it was actually played at.