Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Known bugs

I would really like to see somewhere API changes get announced too. We can avoid a lot of pain if we have fore-warning and time to discuss massive changes.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydorry View Post
    I would really like to see somewhere API changes get announced too. We can avoid a lot of pain if we have fore-warning and time to discuss massive changes.
    Agreed!

Basic Member
    When using XML as a format for both GetMatchDetails and GetMatchHistoryBySequenceNum, <ability> gets used as both the grouping for each skill point selection as well as the listing for what ability gets selected. Maybe there's some method behind this that I'm not seeing, but it would be convenient if they could use different tags.

That's not neccesarily invalid or anything, but I agree that something like ability_id would be more descriptive.

GetTeamInfoByTeamID is not descriptive as per the function it provides. It returns a list of all the teams that have been created in-game, which can be filtered with start_at_team_id and teams_requested; however it's name suggests it should take a single parameter, team_id (uint16/32 or csv string of ids), and return only information on the team(s) queried.

Code:
    https://api.steampowered.com/IDOTA2Match_205790/GetTeamInfoByTeamID/V001/?key=XXXXXXXX&start_at_team_id=4500
    returns:
    Code:
    {
    	"result": {
    		"status": 2,
    		"statusDetail": "Error retrieving match data."
    	}
    }
    not that it's a big deal for it to call the team data "match data".. but still..

another bug:

it appears that if you put in a start_at_team_id greater than 4376, the system errors out.
    see:
    Code:
    https://api.steampowered.com/IDOTA2Match_205790/GetTeamInfoByTeamID/V001/?key=XXXXXXXXXXXXX&start_at_team_id=4377
    Code:
    https://api.steampowered.com/IDOTA2Match_205790/GetTeamInfoByTeamID/V001/?key=XXXXXXXXXXXXX&start_at_team_id=4376
    it is not a matter of there not being any teams with ID greater than 4376, it just does not like it apparently!!

*edit*
    I tried up to
    Code:
    https://api.steampowered.com/IDOTA2Match_205790/GetTeamInfoByTeamID/V001/?key=XXXXXXXXXXXXX&start_at_team_id=4523
    and I got the same error.

After that It just returns empty data.
    Last edited by MuppetMaster42; 02-07-2013 at 12:07 AM.

Basic Member
    (Will be updating first post tonight; just started new job!)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Netshroud View Post
    That's not neccesarily invalid or anything, but I agree that something like ability_id would be more descriptive.
    It's not strictly speaking a bug or anything, but it was a little frustrating that something like getElementsByTagName('ability') would pull up two sections that behave entirely differently. There's probably a much easier workaround than what I came up with, but it would be nice for each section to have a unique name.

Quote Originally Posted by MuppetMaster42 View Post
    +1 - or in stead of a mailing list - a forum that only mods/devs can post in each week that has a list of specific api changes.
    Just having closed (mods only) sticky thread on this subforum would be enough for what comes to API changes, announcements, changelogs and so on. Just new post per changes, everyone can see whenever something new pops up.

Yes?