Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Known bugs

Basic Member
    It would be nice if the team ids from the API matched up with the team ids in the replay parser instead of being two different numbers. I was hoping that I could use the team numbers from replay parses to do an API call to get the team data. There is a work around ( replay team number -> match id from parse -> match id from api -> get match details with that match -> get team name -> use team name to find other id -> use other id to make API call ) but if the ids where the same the process would be so much simpler (get id from replay parser -> use id to make API call ).

Edit: My mistake they are the same. See Tharuler's post below
    Last edited by Razumov; 02-07-2013 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Thanks Tharuler
    datdota.com -- Dota 2 Stats for the Professional Scene

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Razumov View Post
    It would be nice if the team ids from the API matched up with the team ids in the replay parser instead of being two different numbers. I was hoping that I could use the team numbers from replay parses to do an API call to get the team data. There is a work around ( replay team number -> match id from parse -> match id from api -> get match details with that match -> get team name -> use team name to find other id -> use other id to make API call ) but if the ids where the same the process would be so much simpler (get id from replay parser -> use id to make API call ).
    They are the same, you're probably comparing to the test client, while the replays you have are from the main client.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharuler View Post
    They are the same, you're probably comparing to the test client, while the replays you have are from the main client.
    Good call. My mistake.
    datdota.com -- Dota 2 Stats for the Professional Scene

Basic Member
    First post should be up to date as of this post, if I missed something repost and I'll try again (muppetman your leagueid/league_id issue was already in there as solved in test client, let me know if/when that gets pushed to main client).

Feature requests outsourced to a google form because keeping up to date with bugs is more than enough work for me at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    It's not strictly speaking a bug or anything, but it was a little frustrating that something like getElementsByTagName('ability') would pull up two sections that behave entirely differently. There's probably a much easier workaround than what I came up with, but it would be nice for each section to have a unique name.
    How about XPaths?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkai View Post
    Just having closed (mods only) sticky thread on this subforum would be enough for what comes to API changes, announcements, changelogs and so on. Just new post per changes, everyone can see whenever something new pops up.

Yes?
    That doesn't help for other APIs. Steam Web APIs go further than just Dota 2 or TF2, it would be great to have a centralized point of announcement, discussion and feedback, rather than having to hop around and check a forum here, a Steam News post there, a Wiki in the corner, run an automated ISteamWebAPIUtil checker, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Netshroud View Post
    That doesn't help for other APIs. Steam Web APIs go further than just Dota 2 or TF2, it would be great to have a centralized point of announcement, discussion and feedback, rather than having to hop around and check a forum here, a Steam News post there, a Wiki in the corner, run an automated ISteamWebAPIUtil checker, etc.
    not to sound rude... but we were talking about in a dota2 api sense (hence we're talking on the dota2 webapi forum).
    really it'd be great if they had one location for all api updates, but the problem is that there would be a lot of unneded news for people who only use one api.
    (i.e. lately there's been a lot of dota2 updates but I assume there's been little other api updates, ergo other api devs would have gotten a number of useless notices).

the point of the single closed mod post on this forum is that when a new post is put in that thread, all people who develop using the dota api can see the thread has been updated, and hence will know there's an update.
    and the plus that comes from that - anybody can subscribe to that thread and receive an email whenever there is a new post, which means you only need to check when you get an email about that thread...

Basic Member
    match history problem !
    now search for account name returns 500 result and same for any account looking for .
    open source : dota 2 api frame work

Administrator
    I agree we should make some sort of changelog, and I've been planning on something like that but I've been a bit busy on other work.

On the note of feature requests, what's most important (and is missing from a lot of them in the spreadsheet) is noting what APIs are missing the requested feature. If you're asking for a new API like GetItems, then that's different (though you'd say you want a new API so it's kind of the same). For new APIs, be sure to mention which fields you expect to be present in the response, and what you'd like to query over (if anything.)

Basic Member
    Not sure if this is something intended, but GetTeamInfoByTeamID gives a different Rating value than the one ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by add1ctus View Post
    Not sure if this is something intended, but GetTeamInfoByTeamID gives a different Rating value than the one ingame.
    Are you sure? You're using the IDOTA2Match_570 interface and the main client, right?

I can only seem to open a limited amount of teams in-game, so there's only Virtus.Pro whom I've found to compare, and both in-game and the API report a skill rating of 5293.