Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Known bugs

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RJackson View Post
    Are you sure? You're using the IDOTA2Match_570 interface and the main client, right?

I can only seem to open a limited amount of teams in-game, so there's only Virtus.Pro whom I've found to compare, and both in-game and the API report a skill rating of 5293.
    Sorry, this was a mistake on my end. Perfectly working now.

Basic Member
    When I open a shop I can be in the basics but when I go to the upgraded mode it starts to freeze and the shop will close. So I always need to use the search button for 2nd page items or just click on items.. any fix? :/

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielJ View Post
    I agree we should make some sort of changelog, and I've been planning on something like that but I've been a bit busy on other work.

On the note of feature requests, what's most important (and is missing from a lot of them in the spreadsheet) is noting what APIs are missing the requested feature. If you're asking for a new API like GetItems, then that's different (though you'd say you want a new API so it's kind of the same). For new APIs, be sure to mention which fields you expect to be present in the response, and what you'd like to query over (if anything.)
    Anything we can do to help you guys out

Will update spreadsheet tomorrow, probably by having a different sheet for each type of suggestion - let me know if there's any other legwork I/we can do for you! (and if anyone else wants to help out with keeping form neat and tidy PM me!)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielJ View Post
    I agree we should make some sort of changelog, and I've been planning on something like that but I've been a bit busy on other work.

On the note of feature requests, what's most important (and is missing from a lot of them in the spreadsheet) is noting what APIs are missing the requested feature. If you're asking for a new API like GetItems, then that's different (though you'd say you want a new API so it's kind of the same). For new APIs, be sure to mention which fields you expect to be present in the response, and what you'd like to query over (if anything.)
    it will be nice if you add getAbilities api , and returned result be some thing like :

https://github.com/roozbeh360/dota-2...abilities.json

i am still asking if there is problem with matchHistory api !
    open source : dota 2 api frame work

Basic Member
    In http://api.steampowered.com/IDOTA2Match_570/GetMatchDetails/v001/?key=<key>&match_id=117852865

The Crystal Maiden in player_slot 3 has '5268' as her level 1 ability. I can't find what, if anything, this number corresponds with (correction: it appears to be Enchantress' enchant from player_slot 2). In the replay, she has Frostbite at level 1, but Frostbite is 5127.

Another example is http://api.steampowered.com/IDOTA2Match_570/GetMatchDetails/v001/?key=<key>&match_id=117848036

In this one we have

"account_id": 4294967295,
    "player_slot": 132,
    "hero_id": 5,

hero_id 5 is Crystal Maiden. Her skills are

Q: 5126
    W: 5127
    E: 5128
    R: 5129
    Stats: 5002

Her level 1 selection is

"ability": 5355,
    "time": 92,
    "level": 1

5355 appears elsewhere in the API return

"account_id": 4294967295,
    "player_slot": 131,
    "hero_id": 71,

"ability": 5355,
    "time": 831,
    "level": 6

and if DotaBuff is to be believed it's the code for SpiritBreaker's Greater Bash: http://dotabuff.com/matches/117848036/skills

http://dotabuff.com/matches/114290700/skills shows another where CM is missing her first skill point. In this case, her level 1 ability is 5028 which corresponds to the Juggernaut's Blade Fury directly above her.

I have more examples, but it's getting late and pulling them out of my current code is a bit tedious. If they would be helpful I can try to put them together in a more organized manner.

@ Phantasmal

This happens when 1 player lvl skill, then swap hero with another one.
    Sadly You can't trust this if You don't sort it out yourself.
    You gotta FIGHT!
    For Your RIGHT!
    To BUUUGFIX!

Basic Member
    Do you know if it behaves predictably? That is, can you test to see if the level 1 skill is out of bounds, throw it away if it is, shift everything else forward, and you'll always have a correct skill order?

I assume to really correct it you'd have to test in both directions because the swap recipient is now going to be missing an ability?
    Last edited by Phantasmal; 02-11-2013 at 12:36 PM.

GetMatchHistory can return matches which GetMatchDetails does not let you view (401 Unauthorised). Match ID for example: 123110537.

Expected behaviour would be GetMatchHistory returns results that your API key, or any provided access tokens, are authorised to access.

Basic Member
    Bug list up to date, spreadsheet will be done soon for feature request; trying to do a little a day to chip away at it hasn't really happened so far!

@Phantasmal

I believe it's "easy" if You see unique abilities -> order is correct, so just assume this is ability for other hero.

But I guess, don't have proof yet, that it is bad if some troll (vide:SingSing) lvls attributes and then swap -> ability_code is the same, so if there won't be other indicators (like player lvling ultimate on 5th lvl (because first he got from swap) You probably can't get reliable info. (other then heuristics)
    You gotta FIGHT!
    For Your RIGHT!
    To BUUUGFIX!