Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Known bugs

Basic Member
    Okay no, I'm not crazy, the bug is happening intermittently. Check http://api.steampowered.com/IDOTA2Ma...h_id=152325463 . I'm seeing 51 for both barracks_status_radiant and barracks_status_dire right now.

Basic Member
    You're right. I see 51 for both barracks_status teams and upon watching the reply, the dire did have all of their barracks destroyed by the end of the game.

You said the other case you found was showing both 51's too (mid rax down, others up), right? Is it only occurring on 51's? Is there any link between the games that are incorrectly reporting?

I see that the same match is showing both 51's in GetMatchHistoryBySequenceNum too. Everything else looks correct, however.

Basic Member
    I'll update the first post when someone can narrow down exactly what the new behaviour is xD

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aardvarki View Post
    You're right. I see 51 for both barracks_status teams and upon watching the reply, the dire did have all of their barracks destroyed by the end of the game.

You said the other case you found was showing both 51's too (mid rax down, others up), right? Is it only occurring on 51's? Is there any link between the games that are incorrectly reporting?

I see that the same match is showing both 51's in GetMatchHistoryBySequenceNum too. Everything else looks correct, however.
    Well I was talking about the same match, actually. And as of this exact instant, that match is back to 51 for the radiant, and 0 for the dire. I'm so confused...

Basic Member
    "season": 7,
    "radiant_win": true,
    "duration": 4020,
    "start_time": 1363675157,
    "match_id": 152325463,
    "match_seq_num": 138763169,
    "tower_status_radiant": 4,
    "tower_status_dire": 0,
    "barracks_status_radiant": 51,
    "barracks_status_dire": 51,
    "cluster": 122,
    "first_blood_time": 51,
    "lobby_type": 0,
    "human_players": 10,
    "leagueid": 0,
    "positive_votes": 0,
    "negative_votes": 0,
    "game_mode": 3
    Odd. I still see 51/51. Wyrm, I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to it. This match is definitely showing incorrectly for me. Can you update the first post?

Basic Member
    Updated first post with tower status bug. If anyone works out a better description please let me know and I'll update!

Basic Member
    Currently seeing the following issues:

In MatchId = 153541960

Tower Barracks info missing:

<tower_status_radiant>0</tower_status_radiant>
    <tower_status_dire>1796</tower_status_dire>
    <barracks_status_radiant>0</barracks_status_radiant>
    <barracks_status_dire>0</barracks_status_dire>

Also some abilityUpgrade confusion in the same match:

For the Player with HeroId = 80 Lone Druid:

<ability>
    <ability>5416</ability>
    <time>1070</time>
    <level>11</level>
    </ability>

<ability>
    <ability>5415</ability>
    <time>535</time>
    <level>6</level>
    </ability>

We have both 5415 and 5416 which point to two separate things in the npc_abilities file:

lone_druid_true_form"
    {
    // General
    //-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "ID" "5415" // unique ID number for this ability. Do not change this once established or it will invalidate collected stats.
    "AbilityName" "lone_druid_true_form"
    "AbilityBehavior" "DOTA_ABILITY_BEHAVIOR_NO_TARGET"
    "AbilityType" "DOTA_ABILITY_TYPE_ULTIMATE"

lone_druid_true_form_druid"
    {
    // General
    //-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "ID" "5416" // unique ID number for this ability. Do not change this once established or it will invalidate collected stats.
    "AbilityName" "lone_druid_true_form"
    "AbilityBehavior" "DOTA_ABILITY_BEHAVIOR_NO_TARGET | DOTA_ABILITY_BEHAVIOR_HIDDEN"
    "AbilityType" "DOTA_ABILITY_TYPE_ULTIMATE"

Maybe this is because he takes the second level of true form while he is in true form? But from a Developer point of view it needs to map to 5415 to be consistent.

Also as others have noted in this thread the times on the AbilityUpgrades correspond to when the match Captain's Mode begins not when the actual match begins which makes them virtually useless. I love Dota 2, Valve, and Steam but I hope these issues are worked out before new features are added to the api. It is very hard to use an API to do things automatically when you have to go over the results by hand to look for missing information or adjust certain values to not be weird as in the case of the AbilityUpgrade notes above.

We also have the issue of sometimes winning teams in the Leagues disconnect before the losing team so the match shows as lost in the API but they actually won it. However this is more of an issue with professional match regulation rules than the API but is annoying to deal with at the API level. If developers point out these matches to Valve could the radiant_win flag be set to the correct value according to the League result?

Currently I feel that if I automate downloading data it would just be inaccurate and have to be verified by hand which makes me a sad panda

Edit - My post above is a bit negative and I do not want to be negative. Valve, how can I, a .net developer who writes web services and middle tier code all day, help make your api better? Is the problem that sometimes the game saves the data and it is messed up or is the actual data fine and the api is buggy reading the correct data? How can the people who use the api and read these forums contribute positive changes? Every time we see a bug should we submit it somehow? Just let me and others know the most effective ways that we can make the api more reliable and we will help.

Thanks,
    Last edited by jwilsonw; 03-25-2013 at 05:14 PM. Reason: content

Basic Member
    jwilsonw, I bet the 0/0 barracks status you're seeing is the "Dire Barracks status showing as a copy of Radiant Barracks Status" bug that myself and takua were discussing a few days ago. It looks like radiant lost all their towers/barracks, and dire still had some, but Dire showed the same status that Radiant had (0).

I agree, there's a lot of issues with the API. Valve is a company, designed around making profit. Spending valuable developer time on improving the API (something which cannot be directly monetized) is essentially throwing money away. Thus, I think us developers have to come up with tricks to work around this sort of thing. In your Lone Druid example, the two skill codes should be the same - we just need to treat them as the same value in our code. I think your hypothesis is correct (lone druid skilled his ult while in ult form).

It makes me wonder if the same exists for Chen or Shadow Fiend (heroes who have multiple buttons they could press to improve the "same" skill). If so, we'd have to track that somehow.

It's not easy, but i'd say it's easier than having to do it all by hand. We're developers afterall! My job all day is to provide accurate and complete data from an inaccurate and incomplete database. When I get home and work on the API, the weaknesses in their code are easy to work around, by comparison. Plus, with the community here, there's lots of people willing to help. Let us know if you run into any difficult issues - don't get discouraged!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aardvarki View Post
    It makes me wonder if the same exists for Chen or Shadow Fiend (heroes who have multiple buttons they could press to improve the "same" skill). If so, we'd have to track that somehow.
    I think I've seen it with KOTL and Illuminate being leveled up in Spirit Form before. The Skill Build had the skill id for Spirit Form illuminate rather than regular illuminate if I recall correctly.
    datdota.com -- Dota 2 Stats for the Professional Scene

Basic Member
    Would be nice if valve could add function to get upcoming official matches. Something similar to ingame calendar.
    Last edited by JohnnyAjax; 04-25-2013 at 10:15 AM.