Thread: Is it possible to get Match History without API key ?

Basic Member

Is it possible to get Match History without API key ?

Hello everyone, I'm sorry If I've asked a stupid question but I'm a newbie and trying to figure out the WebAPI.

I've read a lot of topics and pages but I'm still not sure how to get Match History of a specific user without given that user's API key.

Could you please help me and show me how to do that in detail?

Thank you guys so much!

Basic Member
    you can't, you must have an api key to use the API ( you can get it easily tho )

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suketran View Post
    I've read a lot of topics and pages but I'm still not sure how to get Match History of a specific user without given that user's API key.
    In order to use WebAPI YOU need to have API token. You can get it here: https://steamcommunity.com/dev/apikey

Basic Member
    Thank you so much, now I can get Match History of any user by using their account_id, it's awesome.

But could you please tell me how to get Match History if I just have their Steam Login Username? I don't know what exactly is (steam name, account name or something...). I mean the username we use to login to Steam.

I see a lot of posts about converting from 32bit - 64bit, ID url... but I'm not sure about the steam login username, how can I use that field to get Match History? Or how to convert Steam Login Username to account ID ?

I also tried player_name but I got wrong results

Please help me !

Thank you very much ^^
    Last edited by suketran; 07-05-2017 at 09:54 AM.