Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Allow selling item from courier and stash.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ActionScript View Post
    You should not be able to sell from stash or courier.

Why, because if you're dead you can then sell items from your stash or courier to buy back. This is why you can't do it in Dota 1 and should not be changed.
    Of course, we are proposing that you wouldn't be able to sell anything while you are dead.

The only time I believe selling from courier and stash should be allowed is if you just bought an item by mistake and you should be able to sell it back for full price for x seconds, like currently when buying an item with your hero at the shop. After that time, you shouldn't be able to sell from courier or stash.
    This is what we are proposing.

Basic Member
    I agree with the OP on this one as there are times when accidently u buy some other item in your stash or courier and you can't even sell it till you go back to base.

Basic Member
    Dota 1 is not perfect and I agree with suggestion.

Basic Member
    +1, I don't see the reason why you wouldn't be able to sell item from courier/stash when its well within the grace period.

You should not be able to sell from stash or courier.

Why, because if you're dead you can then sell items from your stash or courier to buy back. This is why you can't do it in Dota 1 and should not be changed.

It adds an extra area of tactics to the game... "Do I risk buying an item, but then unable to buy back if the enemy goes for a big push, or do I save money as I know a team fight is about to happen and may need to buy back?"

The only time I believe selling from courier and stash should be allowed is if you just bought an item by mistake and you should be able to sell it back for full price for x seconds, like currently when buying an item with your hero at the shop. After that time, you shouldn't be able to sell from courier or stash.

Please remember that buying and selling when dead is not allowed, also to prevent abuse.
    Not sure if you are even reading what you typed, your last sentence contradicts your entire statement about why you shouldn't be able to sell from stash/courier.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DiNo View Post
    Should be able to sell for stash, even if for only a few seconds. Missclick != lack of skill.

Also, being able to sell items from your stash (without time limit) when you are next to it. It's annoying to have to drag the item to your inventory, sell, then take back another item from your stash if you were full...
    This for a compromise, however I wouldn't mind full capabilities to sell from stash/courier, however if items are owner specific yet, you could then sell other people's items from courier, that would be the only place where I could see having a problem besides selling for buyback money.

Basic Member
    +1

Basic Member
    This needs to happen. It is incredibly annoying to misclick on an item and just have to deal with it. This shop system is currently far worse than in d1, because you can't really use hotkeys if you are used to control groups - and that means misclicks are gonna be more common. The grace period needs to be universal.

Basic Member
    Yes, implement this. The only one who is against it are the purist wannabe-pros. I dont see any reason why you should not and it is really just because of the limitness of the WC3 engine.

Basic Member
    Not sure what these last two people are talking about considering you can sell items within the sell time off couriers and from the stash now.

Dota 2 is created on its own engine so now it's possible to fix these things that we couldn't fix in Dota 1. So this should be implemented imo. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't implement it. If your not able to sell anything at all while you're dead then there's no problem.
    Last edited by McNord; 01-22-2012 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Misspell