Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Allow selling item from courier and stash.

[Suggestion] Allow selling item from courier and stash.

I have a suggestion to make the context menu option "sell item" available when the item is in the stash, or in the courier (and the courier is near shop). My reasoning is that sometimes I accidentaly press another shop hotkey (for example "6" insted of "5") or misclick and the item goes to my stash or my courier. After that I can't sell the item . I can go to my fountain and sell the item after retrieving it in my inventory, but it will sell for half price. I want to be able to sell it from stash or courier right after I accidentally bought it.

Basic Member
    No, it's the same in DotA and I see no reason for it to be changed.

In DotA was it a engine problem, right? Why not fix it now.

This will be a nice change, even if just to make it more forgiving to new players and/or silly mistakes

If it was like that, buying an item out of shop range would be more advantageous than buying it in shop range and that would be unfair. You can make many mistakes by misclicking in Dota, it's about skills.

Basic Member
    Once again this is a discussion about the elitism of DotA 2. The only question we need to ask is if this indeed was a WC3-restriction. If so, let's hope that IceFrog reads this and gives us an explanation about if and why this change is good/bad.

Basic Member
    if you can make things a bit easier by allowing selling from courier or stash, then why not? I really see no reason how this impacts the game balance. especially now when the shop system is so confusing that it's easy to misclick.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    If it was like that, buying an item out of shop range would be more advantageous than buying it in shop range and that would be unfair. You can make many mistakes by misclicking in Dota, it's about skills.
    I do not agree with this. Whenever you buy your item on courier, you will be transporting it to yourself, which already adds extra risk of courier being killed and dropping your item. I'd think this already balances the thing out. I'd be up for adding ability to sell items from courier. Valve could leave it the way it is for stash, then it would give one extra reason for people to buy courier.

Basic Member
    Should be able to sell for stash, even if for only a few seconds. Missclick != lack of skill.

Also, being able to sell items from your stash (without time limit) when you are next to it. It's annoying to have to drag the item to your inventory, sell, then take back another item from your stash if you were full...

Basic Member
    +1 OP
    you should get a 5 second grace period to resell, just like everything else.