Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: "International Items" in the store

Basic Member

"International Items" in the store

I'm actually kinda pissed. I thought these things were supposed to be available only during The, you know, International. Now everyone can buy them...for a price.

I'm done buying keys or buying in to the hype.

I don't care what anyone else says or responds with; I'm done paying money for literally anything in this game, and I've already spent a healthy share on it, but you won't get any more after this, 100% guarantee. I'll just be a free-to-play leecher and when it costs money or you convert to LoL shit and have to pay for heroes, I'll move along no problem.

Banned
    I stopped buying keys after I found out nothing is truly limited. As of right now it looks like the only thing limited are vintage timebreakers and the couriers from TI2. Kind of misleading if you ask me, but this was brought up about summer stash items as well.

Basic Member
    Yaa this pisses me off cuz i wasted so much money on keys
    So later on u can just buy the items...its so stupid really

Basic Member
    Same happened with summer crates, and in tf2.
    There are no special season-only stuff right? only in rare occasions where items go vintage.

Basic Member
    bump because:

I bought keys and unlocked chests on the understanding that these items were going to be limited time offer. What the F?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jhettich View Post
    bump because:

I bought keys and unlocked chests on the understanding that these items were going to be limited time offer. What the F?
    hey, no one said so, bro. and u forgot the summer stash? so far only pudge's hook is still not available in shop and from game drop.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric37073 View Post
    hey, no one said so, bro. and u forgot the summer stash? so far only pudge's hook is still not available in shop and from game drop.
    I am a pretty intelectual person and my take on it was "THESE ITEMS ARE ONLY AVAIALABLE DURING THE INTERNATIONAL". As far as I remember, this was a GIGANTIC SELLING POINT to the pennants being sold and the chests that were dropping. By all means correct me if I am wrong with hard evidence to suggest otherwise.

Basic Member
    while I somehow expected this because it clearly said that the couriers will only drop from the TI2 chests (general items were NOT mentioned) I'm still kind of sad about this too

see description at
    http://dotaholic.com/dota-2/citem/i/...of-challengers
    and
    http://dotaholic.com/dota-2/citem/i/...e-of-champions
    Last edited by Teddish; 10-04-2012 at 11:10 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jhettich View Post
    I am a pretty intelectual person and my take on it was "THESE ITEMS ARE ONLY AVAIALABLE DURING THE INTERNATIONAL". As far as I remember, this was a GIGANTIC SELLING POINT to the pennants being sold and the chests that were dropping. By all means correct me if I am wrong with hard evidence to suggest otherwise.
    i copied this from the chest description:
    You will need an International Treasure Key to open this chest. You can pick one up at the DOTA 2 Store. This chest will disappear at the end of September 3rd, 2012. The unusual couriers that may drop from this chest can only be found during the International.
    sorry, but this is a reading comprehension class...
    Last edited by Eric37073; 10-04-2012 at 11:14 PM.

Basic Member
    Alright then. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice.... yeah won't happen this time. Won't ever be spending another dollar on this stuff. ggwp Valve/Dota2.