Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Low quality cosmetic items, set some standards valve?

Quote Originally Posted by Hefaistus View Post
    Something to keep in mind is that these items are often not intended to be viewed up close. In the end, this is still a game with a zoomed out isometric camera. If textures are a bit muddy or blurry, you will notice this real easily when up close and personal in the SDK model viewer, and sometimes even in the in-game model viewer, but considerably less so in-game, under an angle.
    +1. Also keep in mind that the SDK model viewer pics don't show any detail from the normal/specularity maps. PA's Divination helmet is a good example of this:

It looks extremely flat and boring in the SDK viewer (as does the rest of her model), but its material has much more detail in game. A lot of you guys are giving some pretty harsh criticisms without even seeing the item in context.
    ◕_◕

Basic Member
    Well until Valve lets us see the items properly this is what we got to work with now isnt it? :P And I dont really think waiting until it is in game THEN voice concerns is the way to go. If someone sees an issue, you should bring it up.

I am worried Valve is going to start becoming more and more loose with what is okay or not here until we got Team fortress 2.0 on our hands here

Idk if that pic with Shadow shaman is true, this is the first time I see it. But if he gets a backpack, I want Crystal Maiden to get a Gucci handbag so she can store all those wards.
    ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Cat View Post
    So meepo having a backpack is okay but not shadow shaman? You guys really have no idea what you're saying are you?
    I don't know if you are trolling or not, so I'm gonna assume you aren't. Do you honestly can compare a backpack full of minerals for a hero that is a miner (and has a shovel as his weapon) to a fucking excursion backpack oh a shaman? (WITH A SLEEPING BAG? REALLY?) I honestly don't care if he has a backpack, just not one to go hiking because IT DOESN'T FIT THE HERO

Going to put the image again so you can seriously say to me it does fit the hero so I can laugh

Totally profesional and really similar to this

Attached Images Attached Images

Let me add something relevant here. I have gotten some items I thought looked terrible in screenshots, but when in game they actually look really good. The Clinkz one looks really good to me, not sure what you dislike ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Cat View Post
    So meepo having a backpack is okay but not shadow shaman? You guys really have no idea what you're saying are you?
    This backpack is not OK since it looks like something a German tourist would take with him while on a hiking trip. Looks too modern and not at all "shamany"

Quote Originally Posted by TheZor View Post
    And.. a russki Kunkaa ? I didn't get the reference to him being a Soviet soldier in his lore:
    Just because it looks "Russian", does it really mean Kunkka can't wear it? Bitch please. It's practical for a sailor and actually looks good on him. And it's not like half of the world right now uses this design for warm and cozy hats. There is no Russia in Dota (one could argue about this, since Russians dominate the EU servers), therefore this is NOT a "Russian hat". It's a warm, practical hat, that is made out of natural materials.

Quote Originally Posted by TheZor View Post
    Even if it fits the theme, how ridiculous will Furion's items get ? It's Juggernaut all over again
    Sure, it looks a bit silly, but this helmet makes more sense than ~50% of Furions cosmetics that are already in the game. And its not like he's wielding a wooden penis (one can easily make a penis shaped staff out of wooden branch and there are no arguments why it could not be done). The Acorn helmet is actually VERY fitting since it's natural shape is used. Also it is used for it's quality to withstand blows. How can you say that a cosmetic that makes more sense than it is silly has no place in the game?
    Last edited by Shibubu; 10-07-2012 at 04:58 AM.

Basic Member
    lots of terrible new items. I wish valve looked at them before adding them.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    None of these items are in the store yet.
    Dosn't really mean anything. The outfit for Ursa got put in despite the negativity around it

Banned
    Personally and I may set everyone against me right now - I like where valve is going with this. more items = more choices