Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Make it possible to be in multiple teams

Raising the cap on the number if team mates would also be very useful. Every team needs reserves and backups, since it can often be tough if you have only 5 players to get everyone online simultaneously. I'd say the limit should be that you can't be part of more than 2 teams or so.
    "Better to run, than curse the road." - Clinkz, The Bone Fletcher.

Does anyone else think that Icefrog didn't make this update?

Basic Member
    I don't see why not. I'm playing a lot with friends, and I wouldn't mind being in a permanent team with them, but still have the option to join a more serious team.

Also, it would be nice to have up to 10 or more members on a team, simply because we're a 'large' group of players, where a core group of 3-4 players play all the time, but we have 5-6 casuals joining us from time to time.

good idea +1

Basic Member
    A must +1

I've always been thinking of this, so ofc I support this! +1

Let us have a "main" team for competitions or something, and "sub" teams for other stuff.

Basic Member
    One of the problems with not allowing this is how strongly it encourages smurfing

I'm astonished that Valve somehow thought the current set up was even remotely acceptable.
    In its current state I feel there's no reason to ever use TMM instead of regular matchmaking other than showing off your silly banners and logos.

We should be allowed to join several different teams, and have at LEAST 8 ~ or so players in each team.

Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    retards don't count as people.

Basic Member
    Maximum players per team: 7-8
    Maximum teams: 2 (1 main, 1 sub)
    Anything more than that would ruin the TMM, because for example you have a team with 15 people where 8 people are really bad but your friends. You would be ranked very low. But once you start playing with the other members who are actually really good you get stomp matches because you are matched with lowies. Multiple teams can be abused in about the same way.
    Give me my old Traxex back, the one with ice-cold eyes and face paint!

Why do carries get all credit for winning a game where he goes 30 min afk farming while the rest is defending everything?

Basic Member
    The team matchmaker is pretty worthless. They only added it because of the outrage over the whole DOTABUFF whoopla.

They need to prevent all grouping in solo queue and create a PROPER team matchmaker that gives people a reason to play it(They have all of these stupid hats and cosmetics, why not add "seasons" and rewards at the end, etc..?). That means ladders where people can see the teams and their ranks and maybe formal brackets. Otherwise I see zero reason to bother with the cumbersome and useless team matchmaker when you can just play in the normal matchmaker and/or scrim in practice lobbies. This TMM is embarrassingly bad and not what the playerbase was asking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Destro View Post
    The team matchmaker is pretty worthless. They only added it because of the outrage over the whole DOTABUFF whoopla.

They need to prevent all grouping in solo queue and create a PROPER team matchmaker that gives people a reason to play it(They have all of these stupid hats and cosmetics, why not add "seasons" and rewards at the end, etc..?). That means ladders where people can see the teams and their ranks and maybe formal brackets. Otherwise I see zero reason to bother with the cumbersome and useless team matchmaker when you can just play in the normal matchmaker and/or scrim in practice lobbies. This TMM is embarrassingly bad and not what the playerbase was asking for.
    Do you remember, for how long this button is out there in client? iirc, it's there since before dotabuff even emerged. And you do forget, how this game is changing every week. I'm sure, there will be ladders, levels etc, etc. For now - you're able to achieve some wins for upcoming rating, so what are you unhappy with?
    However, we should speed up things by saying our thoughts out loud.

Let us create teams of more than five players, please, Valve!
    (Both standing hard lines solo, wr and clock)
    Ars-Art: nice dota, mini
    Mini: yeah. how r u?
    Ars-Art: tower is my best friend