Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Add a "Steam status" bar for disconnected players

Basic Member

[Suggestion] Add a "Steam status" bar for disconnected players

As the name suggest we can add a steam status bar to show the person's status of steam
    Imagine if someone Dc' and is coming back We will instantly know He is coming back by looking at the the status bar then eventually everyone will pause Knowing tht he is coming back or rejoining ..many times steam takes a long time to rejoin and then u have to open the game and reconnect or sometimes Your computer restarts now u have to rejoin steam and it goes on update after 2 mints of update it joins and u are launching the game At exactly that point we will know he has rejoined steam and is coming back we will pause and the game will be played happily after :P
    I know we can check his status by going into his steam profile but this function should be on the score tab so everone will see it instantly >..MAny times people dont hesitate to see his profile This can improve games of player who are solo matchmaking ...

[Suggestion] Leaver status

My suggestion is to add a notification under a leaver's hero to know what is his actual status on Steam. This is to know if someone ragequitted when a player suddenly leaves, or if he had a problem with his internet, so the enemies, or even your own players stop unpausing (or pausing, depending of the situtation) the game.

For example, if someone suddenly left because of a problem on his internet, there would be "OFFLINE" (from steam) under his hero's portrait. If the player leaves but is still online, he most likely ragequitted, or is restarting the game (which in this case he would have most likely told someone).

If he's reconnecting, it could show "ON GAME" once he loads Dota 2 and "CONNECTING" once he's reconnecting so the enemies stop unpausing the game because they think it's taking too long and not believing the other team when they say "he's reconnecting".

+1 This will be most helpful for both sides of the team. Had a player yesterday asking for a pause saying he'll reconnect due to lag issues, never showed up again though I don't know why. Probably never reconnected, or looked for another game. It would be good to know so we don't keep waiting for players who'll never come back.

Basic Member
    very good suggestion!
    +1
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    I suggested this way long ago >..So is this a duplaicated thread or what?

+1, I like the idea.
    Doing a great job Valve!

Quote Originally Posted by Uxman_kaxmi View Post
    I suggested this way long ago >..So is this a duplaicated thread or what?
    I haven't seen it, can you post the link?

Basic Member
    (Suggestion) Add a "Steam status" bar or ingame (Suggestion)

which proves that better formated posts are more likely to get noticed.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    definetly +1
    Always checking his dota/steam status during the pause to see if there is a chance that he comes back or not.

+1
    Never underestimate the power of the masses.