Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Choke points for choke point jungling.

Choke points for choke point jungling.

Can the choke points for choke point jungling be kept the same please?

The sentinel big camp at mid has two trees before the gap now and the choke isn't there even if both are cut.

The scourge camp at top rune also has a very weird choke now when it was the most straightforward choke point otherwise.

Haven't checked the rest but I am also requesting the pull spot at the big camp at scourge top that can be pulled by sentinel to have that spot where you draw creep aggro if you go in to be clearer. That means removing the big tree that is obnoxiously there in favor of a smaller model.

Please add on to this list of choke points if you guys find any.

Pictures take too much effort to add especially when I am too busy playing but I will try to get some up if I find more spots that are significantly changed.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4saken.infinity View Post
    Pictures take too much effort to add especially when I am too busy playing but I will try to get some up if I find more spots that are significantly changed.
    Nobody will have any clue what the hell you are talking about without pictures. As for it taking too much effort to hit f12, then click the little image button and select a file... Are you fucking serious? Grow the fuck up. Dont expect other people to take you seriously or do your work for you if you can't take 10 seconds to upload a screenshot. You already took about 2 minutes to type out the fuckin post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3FUcBdik0I

This is what OP is talking about. A bunch of the places you can choke point jungle (in dota 1) are in this video.

Yeah it's an amazing strat with Naix, unfortunately I haven't tried it yet in DotA2 since there aren't many jungle heroes but, if he says it doesn't work then sure!

Quote Originally Posted by sterls View Post
    Nobody will have any clue what the hell you are talking about without pictures. As for it taking too much effort to hit f12, then click the little image button and select a file... Are you fucking serious? Grow the fuck up. Dont expect other people to take you seriously or do your work for you if you can't take 10 seconds to upload a screenshot. You already took about 2 minutes to type out the fuckin post.
    Eh but I would have to do comparisons between the two versions and like I said, I don't have enough material to make me do that. Let's just say I want the chokepoints that are all known (that youtube video has most - there is also a chokepoint guide in playdota with most of them) to be exactly the same.

Basic Member
    It does work? I am quite new to Dota 2, but the Scourge Rune Camp (directly above), they put the trees up a "ramp" and I am unable to choke point farm here.. Can anyone confirm/explain? Other spots work fine, except the Scourge Camp right next to Top Lane and River, I seem to not find the Choke Tree there, too.

The spots I talked about aren't the same. One of them was the Scourge rune camp. The other is the Sentinel big camp at middle.

Basic Member
    Well, I am also talking about the Scourge Rune Camp

Basic Member
    Yeah, I have tried choke point jungling today as well and I was not happy with the results at all.
    Most of the choke points now don't work because the trees are either arranged differently or because the neutral creeps find gaps they can attack through. I can post screenshots later if necessary.
    This is a very fun and important part of the Dota jungling, I would be very sad if this problem will not be fixed.

Basic Member

This one is not working properly because the creeps can attack you from the gap from above, as you see in the picture above.

This one is working correctly, but the creeps on the upper camp do not spawn, when you're in the wood between the two camps, in DotA they spawned.

Working aswell, you just remove the first tree and position youself right, then you only get attacked by one creep.

Also working, if you attack from the proper position second creep will try to walk around the forest and you can attack one at a time

I will add more later on