Thread: [Confirmed] Liquid Fire procing less often than in wc3 dota

[Confirmed] Liquid Fire procing less often than in wc3 dota

WC3 Dota Jakiro Liquid Fire Youtube

At level 7 Jakiro gets one Liquid fire attack, 3 auto attacks, and another Liquid fire attack doing auto attacks with no other items or levels put into stats.

At level 8 Jakiro gets one Liquid fire attack, 4 auto attacks, and then a Liquid fire attack doing auto attacks with no other items or levels put into stats.

Dota 2 Jakiro Liquid Fire Youtube

Also I know it looks like I might push S to stop the attack animation, this is NOT what is happening. You are seeing lag! Gogo gadget internet! You can confirm yourself if you please by making a custom game with lvl 16 and 17 jakiro, level 4 Liquid fire and have them auto attack at max range on a unit. You will retrieve the same results as I.

At level 16 Jakiro gets one Liquid fire attack, 3 auto attacks, and another Liquid fire attack doing auto attacks with no other items or levels put into stats.

At level 17 Jakiro gets one Liquid fire attack, 4 auto attacks, and another Liquid fire attack doing auto attacks with no other items or levels put into stats.

So there is either two things going on here.

#1 In Wc3 Dota Liquid fire is not going on cool down until it hits the target. Dota 2 the Liquid Fire goes on cooldown as soon as the auto attack goes off

#2 Jakiro's attack speed is slower in Dota 2 than in Dota 1

I don't think there are any other possibilities, and I'm not sure how to rule one or the other out. Somehow Dota 2 is different.
    LoL = Checkers. DoTa = Chess.

So it is not going on cooldown until it hits the target in Wc3 Dota? This would explain it, makes it a small buff for Jakiro in Dota 2 in some cases, a nerf in other cases.
    Last edited by AvatarOG; 10-09-2012 at 03:21 PM.
    LoL = Checkers. DoTa = Chess.

Yeah, and as a side effect, it also goes into cooldown even if it doesn't successfuly proc, for example, when you miss your attack.

So, I think this is a more general form of the previously reported bug. According to W3 DotA, Liquid Fire should work similar to Furion's Teleportation, and shouldn't get into cooldown until it successfully procs.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage