Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE STARTING

Hello guys. I'm working on a project with Dota 2 API and i have some question:

The current player that i'm getting match history have 800 matches. But i can get only 500.

The result for the first request is ( https://api.steampowered.com/IDOTA2M...account_id=xxx ) :

"status": 1,
    "num_results": 100,
    "total_results": 500,
    "results_remaining": 400,
    "matches": [...]

I tried to get the last match id and use for a new request, but the result is ( https://api.steampowered.com/IDOTA2M...t_match_id=xxx ):

"status": 1,
    "num_results": 0,
    "total_results": 500,
    "results_remaining": 0,
    "matches": [ NONE ]

I know that Dotabuff (for example) constantly import all matches that was played, but i can't, by now, working by this way.

Sorry for my poor english.

Please do your research. this is documented thoroughly throughout this subforum.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by karonlewin View Post
    ...Dotabuff....
    http://www.dotabuff.com/pages/faq
    If you are still not getting all of your matches it may be because you have played over 500 matches with the privacy setting enabled. Valve only allows us access to your last 500 matches.

Basic Member
    Whenever I try to use `GetMatchHistoryBySequenceNum` I seem to get an error `500 Internal Server Error` after requesting about 1300 matches (13 requests of 100 results) within one minute, and I can't request any more until a minute has passed. Basically, it seems I'm locked to requesting ~1300/games per minute, even with less than 1 request per second throttling.

It also seems that it's both my API key as well as IP that's being blocked, since I...

- tried api key on different machine with different ip, failed
    - tried different api key on different machine with different ip, worked
    - tried different api key on my machine, failed

What I'm trying to do is get all the most recent matches, however my script always seems to fall behind after a while because of this throttling. If there's another way to do this I'd love to know how.

Quote Originally Posted by MuppetMaster42 View Post
    Please do your research. this is documented thoroughly throughout this subforum.

Also:

http://www.dotabuff.com/pages/faq
    Thanks MuppetMaster42 for your quick and helpfull response dude.

I had imagined that Dotabuff have all matches because the player joined in a long time ago.

I tried to do a research using the search mechanism but I did not succeed. Next time I'll navigate between the pages and read, i'm sorry.

Again, thank you. ASAP i'll share my tool with you guys.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tinke View Post
    Whenever I try to use `GetMatchHistoryBySequenceNum` I seem to get an error `500 Internal Server Error` after requesting about 1300 matches (13 requests of 100 results) within one minute, and I can't request any more until a minute has passed. Basically, it seems I'm locked to requesting ~1300/games per minute, even with less than 1 request per second throttling.

It also seems that it's both my API key as well as IP that's being blocked, since I...

- tried api key on different machine with different ip, failed
    - tried different api key on different machine with different ip, worked
    - tried different api key on my machine, failed

What I'm trying to do is get all the most recent matches, however my script always seems to fall behind after a while because of this throttling. If there's another way to do this I'd love to know how.
    I'm still experiencing this issue (even after the API was down/up again). Anyone else have the same issue or know a workaround to reliably get all the recent games? I'm guessing Dotabuff is using the same method as their site was down while the API was too, and I've tried contacting them directly, but they don't seem to respond to emails.

Basic Member
    this is nodejs plugin for dota2 https://github.com/netpi/dota2

Basic Member
    Hey

I have read the FAQ and saw there is currently no way to get current game details... So I'm presuming that "GetMatchDetails" is for games that have already finished? Has anyone heard any news on if this functionality is going to be available anytime soon?

Thanks

Just additional information about SteamID:

If you want to get SteamID by steam login name you can try
    https://store.steampowered.com/login/getrsakey/?username=<login name>
    In JSON answer you can find field "steamid"

Basic Member
    Is there actually a way to find out whether a player entered a match in solo or party ranked queue?

Quote Originally Posted by Sethles View Post
    Hey

I have read the FAQ and saw there is currently no way to get current game details... So I'm presuming that "GetMatchDetails" is for games that have already finished? Has anyone heard any news on if this functionality is going to be available anytime soon?

Thanks
    No, there is no live game feed for pub matches. Only GetLiveLeagueGames to get data about in progress ticketed tournament matches.

Quote Originally Posted by dotwired View Post
    Is there actually a way to find out whether a player entered a match in solo or party ranked queue?
    No, party information is not stored in the API.