Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE STARTING

Basic Member
    Is there any way to get account ids (or steamId at least) all players of the current match?
    For exmpl CS 1.6, you could just write "status" into console - and you got steam_ids of everybody on server.
    Do you know some analog command for Dota 2?

Basic Member
    Can someone throw light on the new info that is present in GetLiveLeagueGames api call. There is no info regarding these in the main post.

series_type
    league_tier

Sample API response

Edit:

Found it here http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=138986. Mod please add this info to sticky.
    Last edited by SaMsAmSaM; 02-14-2015 at 10:46 PM.

Steam IEconItems is down, so any update on it that how to fix it now, I mean any way around it ? or any news when its going to be fixed ? it been too long since its broken.

Basic Member
    I use to play Dota 2. I need to use its Web API to develop a website. For the Web API it requires key right. But whenever I visit this link http:Steam Web Api Key it says:

Access Denied

You will be granted access to Steam Web API keys when you have games in your Steam account.

Visit Steam Support for more information
    But I play Dota 2 daily. Please help how can I add a game. I tried adding through Add a Game in the steam installed on PC. But was not successful.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by harsha_g View Post
    I use to play Dota 2. I need to use its Web API to develop a website. For the Web API it requires key right. But whenever I visit this link http:Steam Web Api Key it says:

But I play Dota 2 daily. Please help how can I add a game. I tried adding through Add a Game in the steam installed on PC. But was not successful.
    Dota 2 is a free game, and you need to purchase a game on your Steam account. Using "Add a Game" or similar will not work.

Small correction:

4) full quality horizontal portrait - 256x114px
    Full quality portraits are 256x144, not 114.

(see here)

Basic Member
    I have a question.

This api always returns maximum 10 minutes abandoned, interesting and empty games. Is there any way to filter them at getmatchhistory?

Another question, is the any way to get another 400 result? because api only shows 100 and says 400 remaining.
    Last edited by mext; 03-09-2015 at 03:13 AM.

match history by sequence number and get match history

Hi there guys, I am new to the web API. I am making a project right now. I have a very specific question about the difference between getmatchhistory and getmatchhistorybysequencenumber.

When I use getmatchhistory, for 100 games, almost all games are less than 10mins of duration and I always get around:

number of 1vs1 matches: 80
    number of 5vs5 matches: 20

When I use get match history by sequence number, almost all games have duration of more than 30 mins except from the starting sequence number I got from above, and I get around:

number of 1vs1 matches: 5
    number of 5vs5 matches: 91 (and around 4 for other game modes)

What does this mean? If I am correct, do they save only the good games if we use sequence number?
    If so, why can I use the the bad game result from getmatchhistory as a starting point?

Hope to hear from you guys.
    Nice Thread by the way MuppetMaster42. Thanks a lot.

Basic Member
    Hello, I am working with Dota2's API and the game modes chart given in this thread (https://github.com/kronusme/dota2-api/tree/master/data) seems to have changed. Do you know how to obtain the actual list?

Thanks in advance!

what's the 570 meaning?

what guest!