Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 296

Thread: THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE STARTING

  1. #41
    Basic Member RJackson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by xiN View Post
    https://api.steampowered.com/IDOTA2Match_570/GetMatchDetails/V001/?match_id=117762656&key=<key>

    Here lobby_type is 1, whereas it's a tournament game...
    I'm going to wager a guess that that means it was not using tournament mode, but instead using the latest game files. Certainly worth looking in to to make sure however.

  2. #42
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by RJackson View Post
    I'm going to wager a guess that that means it was not using tournament mode, but instead using the latest game files. Certainly worth looking in to to make sure however.
    It was a The Defense 3 game. I got the match ID from the in-game Tournament tab. It definitely was using the Tournament mode.

    Also, if some people are wondering, GetHeroes shows 100 heroes whereas they go from 1 to 101. Don't worry, there is no hero under the id 69.
    Last edited by xiN; 02-14-2013 at 04:08 AM.

  3. #43
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by xiN View Post
    It was a The Defense 3 game. I got the match ID from the in-game Tournament tab. It definitely was using the Tournament mode.

    Also, if some people are wondering, GetHeroes shows 100 heroes whereas they go from 1 to 101. Don't worry, there is no hero under the id 11.
    This got me curious so I somewhat randomly tested a match id's from a variety of tournaments (The Defense, RaidCall, SEA League, Gosuleague, TI2, Premiere League, G-League, etc). I tested around 30. The lobby_type for all the games I tested was 1 with the exception of The International 2012 games, which was 2.
    datdota.com -- Dota 2 Stats for the Professional Scene

  4. #44
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Razumov View Post
    This got me curious so I somewhat randomly tested a match id's from a variety of tournaments (The Defense, RaidCall, SEA League, Gosuleague, TI2, Premiere League, G-League, etc). I tested around 30. The lobby_type for all the games I tested was 1 with the exception of The International 2012 games, which was 2.
    So they are, except The International 2012, somewhat incorrect. They should be of lobby_type 2 aswell.

  5. #45
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    11
    Simple function for converting player_slot to int (0-9).
    https://gist.github.com/almirsarajcic/5064644

  6. #46
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by GriFoN92 View Post
    Simple function for converting player_slot to int (0-9).
    https://gist.github.com/almirsarajcic/5064644
    First of all, that function doesn't work, since you're not using your function input variable. It will always return 1, regardless of $player_slot.
    Second of all, what's wrong with http://pastebin.com/jHxXkNqn ?

    Edit: Your previous gist you posted (converting steam ids) is also buggy broken and bad, which makes me think you're just a troll. Please don't post silly functions.

  7. #47
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    11
    It doesn't look as cool as this one.
    It also shows how you could reverse the process without using loops.
    Just posting some functions I think might help people, you don't have to use them.
    By the way, not sure how you saw the first revision of it, since I fixed it 5 minutes before you made your post.

    Regarding the first gist, did you notice some error? Can you give me the IDs you used?
    Your info could help me a lot, since I'm going to use that function in production.
    Last edited by GriFoN92; 03-01-2013 at 07:00 AM.

  8. #48
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lille, France
    Posts
    52
    Magicians uses the modulo trick.
    Code:
    return $player_slot % 123;

  9. #49
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by papa_pointnet View Post
    Magicians uses the modulo trick.
    Code:
    return $player_slot % 123;
    Without comments that's a bad function Mr. Magician!

  10. #50
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lille, France
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharuler View Post
    Without comments that's a bad function Mr. Magician!
    Says the other Magician

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •