Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Zeus ulti reserved for stealing?

Basic Member
    Is it possible that Sniper has that bug as well?

Really frustrating when you chase someone a very long time but then right before you land the killing blow Sniper ults your target leaving you with an assist. Happens pretty often too.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkunov View Post
    Is it possible that Sniper has that bug as well?

Really frustrating when you chase someone a very long time but then right before you land the killing blow Sniper ults your target leaving you with an assist. Happens pretty often too.
    Sniper ults targets that are running away and he cannot get in range for quickly or targets that would die if they are hit by the ultimate.
    In your case, both conditions are met, so it's rather obvious he'd ultimate.
    With how short the CD on it is and the fact that he's a carry, I don't really see any reason for him -not- to finish off your target if you've been chasing him for a while...

Basic Member
    While I am okay if Zeus uses it mainly as a finisher (a kill is a kill and it is still a bot and has super-human map awerness and timing so you won`t lose much damage out of it) I would suggest a few things:

-Zeus ulting right before he dies during Mid/Late-game teamfights
    -Zeus trying to hit as many targets as possible during big fights. You said he shouldn`t finish off targets while they can still be killed by others. But during a teamfight that could actually mean that he "saves" his ult until allready two enemies allready died within the range of allies, wasting alot of damage.

Keep in mind that I don`t know if Zeus Bots do that allready. Didn't play vs Bots for quite some time right now.

edit: at the sniper comment: Enable him to prematurely Ulti targets that use invisibilty even though they are still in range and wouldn`t die from the Ult alone. Obviously only if he still has some kind of damage support arround. My knowledge on Sniper Bot sadly is as limited as my knowledge of Zeus Bot is. Take it with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by Cocofang; 02-07-2012 at 01:36 PM.

Lol, you haven't tried Lina's killsteal. You hunt down sniper bot lane, almost killing him with one more physical hit. Lina comes along and Laguna Blade.
    Yup, she Laguna Blade on a Sniper with less than 100hp.
    Last edited by BenSkysong; 02-12-2012 at 08:01 PM.

Valve Developer
    Better safe than sorry.

Core Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Better safe than sorry.
    In this case I think safe would be ulting at the start of team fights, when you are sure that all 5 enemies are alive (and zeus is alive), and they will all take maximum damage. Saving zeus ult to finish off escaping heroes is more of a low skill strategy. Of course, its not like the bots are anything but low skill anyway, so it doesnt make a big difference

Banned
    Usage of Ultimates may not be perfect - but its perfectly ok the way it is. There are more important issues to work on.

Compared to the Dota 1 AI the usage of Zeus Ulti is gold! In Dota 1 he will 100 % use it for KS, the AI is even programmed to last hit with spells.

And in Dota 2 here and then a KS happens, who cares.

Valve Developer
    Yeah, definitely not high priority, but it's always good to gather feedback and make the todo list a little longer.

I think they should leave this like this, 80% of pub games zeus has this behavior.
    In fact, if you want a more realistict bot, if someone is chasing low hp a low hp hero, zeus must hold his ultimate until his team's chaser gets killed, then one second later ulti to kill the fleeing hero. Now that would be just like playing with humans.

realistic bot.
    just training the beginner for the real world.. HAHA