Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Zeus ulti reserved for stealing?

Basic Member

Zeus ulti reserved for stealing?

Has anyone else noticed that the Zeus seems to be a little reserved in using the ulti? It happens a little with other bots (e.g. Lina) but it's obviously a little more obvious with a global nuke ulti. I've been chasing down an easy kill as a [semi-]carry, e.g. viper/brood and just before the kill a lightning bolt steals my kill.
    A related issue is that Zeus ulti needs to be used earlier in teamfights generally. Gotta get that AoE passive in there!

Basic Member
    I do believe that the ulti is meant for cases such as when the enemy is escaping (just like Sniper's assassinate), and should be used when the enemies are fleeing. Too early ulti just causes them to run away.

Basic Member
    That's true, but he seems to punch it even when the enemy has no chance whatsoever of getting away. Very often it'll be a really nicely orchestrated gank by a few human players, and out of nowhere Zeus will just ulti from across the map and get the kill.
    I agree that he should definitely fire it if the enemy is actually escaping, though.

Basic Member
    What Esvandiary said. If it was a human player I'd report them for kill stealing as a form of griefing!
    We were having a teamfight earlier, and it was 2v2. Zeus saved the ulti for last hitting, but by then Zeus' ally had been killed. If he'd fired it earlier, it would've been 2:0 instead of 1:1.

Valve Developer
    Oops, I introduced a bug in the last release -- he's supposed to only use it when there aren't any allied heroes nearby killable enemies, but currently he's checking for allied heroes near HIMSELF rather than his target. It'll be fixed for the next update, along with allowing casts on targets he doesn't have sight of, so long as he's seen them recently.

He'll totally killsteal if he can kill more than one target though. I can't take that away from him.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Oops, I introduced a bug in the last release -- he's supposed to only use it when there aren't any allied heroes nearby killable enemies, but currently he's checking for allied heroes near HIMSELF rather than his target. It'll be fixed for the next update, along with allowing casts on targets he doesn't have sight of, so long as he's seen them recently.

He'll totally killsteal if he can kill more than one target though. I can't take that away from him.
    nice!. ya i'd be pissed if a teammate of zeus was chasing and zeus KSed and the guy hasn't even gotten away yet. As for the double kill, that actually wouldn't bother me. Two kills for the team is more important then one persons kill carry or not if it means that neither of them can potion and get away or tp to fountain in time. And as for if he doesnt have sight, that's a huge boost to the Ai and a vast improvement. Good job and keep up the good work

This is exactly how most other Zeus-Users use the Ultimate. Shouldn't be considered a bug, as it reflects the 'General Playstyle' of public players.

Just kidding, good thing quite some people actually play with bots and report back to this forum.

Basic Member
    Thanks for the info ChrisC, the cries of "... F***ING ZEUS!!" on Mumble will hopefully be less common now.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Damn right... That's not stealing, that's winning.

Basic Member
    Charlie Sheen gets rampages with Zeus ult.

Wow it blows me away that people are saying Zues ult is a finisher. Zues' ult should be used early so it can hit all 5 heroes. More importantly it should be used to reveal enemies in a team fight. This way you won't have people kiting you form on top a hill or in trees, they will be revealed for a decent amount of time.