Thread: General Audio/Voice interactions within the game.

General Audio/Voice interactions within the game.

Hey there. I`m Chris,from Romania and i`m one of the lucky participants to the closed-beta stage of Dota 2. Here`s my impressions towards the audio part of the game SO FAR:

-Even though Dota depicts an ancestral war between 2 powerful forces which have so many types of mythological oriented heroes within their ranks...most of them (if not all) sound pretty...Human. It`s very strange to hear a normal lady voice (barely processed within a Studio or even a DAW) while controlling a Faerie Dragon...i think you are all aware that this influences your game experience so much that at one point it might become a negative point of dota 2.

-Some of the unit`s responses seem unnecessary...for example,when Pucks says "Surprise" after teleporting to her illusory orb...it`s not only un-needed but again,hearing the same human voice makes it a bit disturbing. There are a lot of other simillar situations...when killing a hero....when escaping....or even when denying a creep. I think you should implement a Taunt ability so when you taunt and kill a unit ONLY THEN your hero will say a (i hope so) very smart and painfull remark towards his dead foe.

Basic Member
    Under the Audio Settings tab you are going to be able to limit or disable the unit speech, it's just not implemented yet.