Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A new name for weaver's passive

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FugaziRules View Post
    That isn't even the first response nor is it a very good one.

I very much doubt changing the text of one ability it simply too much extra to bear.
    Oh it's the third comment. Didn't know I had it sorted by best because I don't go on reddit. But look, reddit seems to agree.

I very much doubt that not changing the text of one ability is too much to bare.

Basic Member
    They should have redirected you to playdota.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chaochenese View Post
    They should have redirected you to playdota.
    Yeah, reddit people send people to the dev forums all the time for playdota material :/

Banned
    lol weavers third skill should be renamed "double attack"

Basic Member
    That isn't even the first response nor is it a very good one.

I very much doubt changing the text of one ability it simply too much extra to bear.
    The worst logic ever.

Quote Originally Posted by zero.halfblood View Post
    lol weavers third skill should be renamed "double attack"
    /sign

haha

no, really, their is no reason to rename his ability. Geminate makes more sense because it just describes what the ability actually does. Déja Vu would be more fitting for Time Lapse because it is are much rather an ability that sends you back in time to the state you have been in a few seconds before. But once again, there is absolutely no reason to change any of Weaver's ability names. Déja Vu just sounds so vague, LoL-like.

Basic Member
    Uh, no. That just sounds so much, you know, bad.

Banned
    "Deja Vu" is vague, but it's also and mostly it's an overused expression, whereas geminate is more of an original phrase.
    "Deja Vu" sounds like something a pseudo intellectual uses to give him a semblance of understanding French. I hate the horrible accent people put on it when they pronounce it. Learn to speak French properly or use your own language, French is reserved to the elite such as me.

Quote Originally Posted by jim109109 View Post
    "Deja Vu" is vague, but it's also and mostly it's an overused expression, whereas geminate is more of an original phrase.
    "Deja Vu" sounds like something a pseudo intellectual uses to give him a semblance of understanding French. I hate the horrible accent people put on it when they pronounce it. Learn to speak French properly or use your own language, French is reserved to the elite such as me.
    English is a language heavy with loanwords. Furthermore, if you were truly elite, would you not render the phrase as "déjà vu"?

Attachment 10393 I also posted this on reddit but they just directed me here.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/commen...avers_passive/
    Well, I'm redirecting you to PlayDota.com suggestions forum.