Thread: Advanced courier options.

Basic Member

Advanced courier options.

The courier is nice and I am loving the designs, but their functionality is lacking to say the least.

I suggest the following upgrades to the courier interface / options.
    1. Anti courier theft. Make it impossible to take / use the courier if it has been moving for more than 3 seconds, at least until items are delivered.
    2. Private courier. I play a Dark Seer jungle/bottle tactics that require a private courier, so I buy 2 couriers. But I can't unshare one of them, so some times teammates keep taking it. Also if one of my teammates is being an ass, I don't want to share my stuff with them. I know that last reason is a bad one, but hey it's mine
    3. Courier warnings. An automatic minimap ping when a courier crosses the river or arrives at the secret shop. (not important, just a thought)

Regards,
    Koldtoft.

Quote Originally Posted by koldtoft View Post
    The courier is nice and I am loving the designs, but their functionality is lacking to say the least.

I suggest the following upgrades to the courier interface / options.
    1. Anti courier theft. Make it impossible to take / use the courier if it has been moving for more than 3 seconds, at least until items are delivered.
    2. Private courier. I play a Dark Seer jungle/bottle tactics that require a private courier, so I buy 2 couriers. But I can't unshare one of them, so some times teammates keep taking it. Also if one of my teammates is being an ass, I don't want to share my stuff with them. I know that last reason is a bad one, but hey it's mine
    3. Courier warnings. An automatic minimap ping when a courier crosses the river or arrives at the secret shop. (not important, just a thought)

Regards,
    Koldtoft.
    1. I know how bad is when you click the Courier to make a delivery, and seconds later see that it is on base or going to another Lane. But imagine a Lane that has priority for use of the Courier, who buys an important item seconds after the chicken being dispatched to another Lane. I wish I could cancel the delivery.

Another situation is one in which the player who calls the Courier comes amid a TB. Several times I canceled the delivery of it because the chicken would die.

Imagine that player who is willing to spoil the game. He will be using chicken all the time. Etc.

2. The idea would be good only if the Courier lock could be applied to the second Courier purchased. Otherwise, this lock could return the old custom of WC Dota, when an ass player does not share an item specially made for the team.

3. I think the player should learn to control the minimap. It's part of the game.
    Last edited by LinoPaladino; 10-16-2012 at 06:46 AM.

There is only 1 feature which is missing:

Resume Delivery

As LinoPaladino said:
    Sometimes it is important to use a courier fast.
    But in WC3 Dota it was possible to click "Resume Delivery" and sometimes the other players didnt even notice.

Now you have to write:
    "Reuse Courier pls"
    "sry use courier gain pls"
    "courier back in base"...

Resume Delivery would safe a lot of time and trouble.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LinoPaladino View Post
    1. I know how bad is when you click the Courier to make a delivery, and seconds later see that it is on base or going to another Lane. But imagine a Lane that has priority for use of the Courier, who buys an important item seconds after the chicken being dispatched to another Lane. I wish I could cancel the delivery.

Another situation is one in which the player who calls the Courier comes amid a TB. Several times I canceled the delivery of it because the chicken would die.

Imagine that player who is willing to spoil the game. He will be using chicken all the time. Etc.
    For sure, some kids would just run in circles with the courier when they get mad, but they can mess with it now if they want to. Even drop other peoples items and destroy them. I could settle for a function where you can still chose to take a moving courier, but where you are prompted to click twice or maybe even a "Are you sure you wan't to take the courier while anti mage is using it?" yes / no choice + a text announcement alerting the player who was using the courier that it has changed course.

I don't wanna advocate an in-game alert box or select box, but something like it. At least notify me.

I have many times had a cur move 3/4 of the way to me, and the next time I check it's back in the fountain, getting items for someone else. It's annoying as fuck. Especially when i bought the courier.

Edit*
    Ps. Yes.. Resume Delivery would be nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggsplorer View Post
    There is only 1 feature which is missing:

Resume Delivery

But in WC3 Dota it was possible to click "Resume Delivery" and sometimes the other players didnt even notice.

Now you have to write:
    "Reuse Courier pls"
    "sry use courier gain pls"
    "courier back in base"...

Resume Delivery would safe a lot of time and trouble.
    Great and good observation.

Idk why Resume Delivery was not ported to DOTA 2.

6.72 Changelog:

"Animal Courier and Flying Courier
    - Added a short cooldown on Courier and Flying Courier recipe buying to prevent accidental double buys
    - Minimap indicator is now shown at the location where a courier dies
    - Resume Delivery ability added, upon use the courier will resume its previous deliver action (1680)

For example, if it was delivering an item to another player, and you interrupted it to do something, you could then resume it to deliver the items to its previous target.

Resume Delivery Ability Code: h0DE"
    *If there was another update after it that withdrew this option, remember me, please.

Basic Member
    Bump +1 [Resume Delivery] plox volvo

Private courier is much important than other features. It will definitely increase the efficiency of item delivering.

Banned
    +1 for private courier.

Resume Delivery should have been added a long time ago. Worst thing is saying recrow, only to have them not realize you said it (in your microphone none the less) and seconds later hear them complain about it.

Basic Member
    why is this still not implemented? sometimes i wonder what is valve doing...giff server already...gosh!