Thread: [Fixed] Cooldowns are not correctly displayed if they are not integer

Basic Member

[Fixed] Cooldowns are not correctly displayed if they are not integer

It's still 4seconds while it should be 3.5sec(tooltip has it correct but its still 4seconds)

This is wrong.

Fetch us a screenshot where you can capture a greater cooldown value than 3.5 seconds next to your mouse pointer to prove your case. I have never been able to make it greater than 3.5.
    I can also disconfirm this by putting a dummy enemy, and repeatedly casting Static Remnant, and then quoting the log report, along with a video, if it is required...
    You are probably being deceived by the cooldown value on top of your skill icon*. Everything on Dota 2 is being rounded up for some reason.

By the way, I think they might have set Dota 2 to round every value up just to make the cooldown values over the skill icons look how we would expect them to look.
    If that is the case, then it is... Plain stupid.
    Last edited by ThoAppelsin; 10-09-2012 at 01:03 PM. Reason: added "icon*"

Basic Member
    It has to start with 4 seconds on his Q, rounding up makes more sense. the 4 should only show for 1/2 second. Unless you wanted 1/10seconds on his skill icons(only if it's under 5 seconds or so). But that'd get cluttered and confusing fast.

It would of course be worse if it rounded down, the cooldown would read 0 when there's still a second left on cooldown.

TLDR I agree with Appelsin.

Those cooldown indicators on top of the skill icons are the only place where it is logical to have values rounded above.
    Every other value should have been rounded according to the conventional rounding method.
    If they have done this "round every value above" thing just for this, and the rounding method cannot be different for different indicators, then I have a suggestion:

• Round every value shown according to the conventional method.
    • Take the integer value for the skill-icon-cooldown-indicator (with something similar to int() command) and add 1.

And there is another thing.
    The pie-black-transparent-cooldown-diagram on top of the Static Remnant begins with 1/8 of the pie already eaten. That is because it still assumes that the full pie is 4 seconds, and it begins from the point where it is 3.5 seconds for the 4 seconds pie. I've made a painting to make this clear:

Cooldown.jpg

Edit:
    Now that this UI thing is on the Common Bugs List, I made a video to make it even clearer:

Last edited by ThoAppelsin; 10-10-2012 at 10:41 AM.

Basic Member
    oh good, so its graphic bug.

Remnant blocks hooks/arrrows.

Basic Member
    added to sticky. (the ui part)
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

I think that this has been fixed on the Test Client along with the new spell buttons:

Video is not that so informative and hard to analyze so:

(From the moment the skill gets into the cooldown. You can see that the pie thingy starts from the beginning this time.)

(From the moment the skill gets off the cooldown. It has passed almost exactly 3.5 seconds for the pie spinner indicator thingy to do its thing.)

Sorry for all the "thingy"s and "pie"s. I just don't know how else to call them.