Thread: Larger map display quick-key

Basic Member

Larger map display quick-key

For new players and casual players a shortcut key that displays the mini map on an enlarged scale or full screen scale. Window can also be dragged to a second monitor if available and kept open.
    Map design the standard High resolution map.

http://i.imgur.com/Sw79q.jpg

Map can be toggled to display clear layout or in game tactical information like mini map : creeps ,friendly heroes enemy heroes if visible ,visibility areas, pings etc.TP scrolls can also be used on enlarged map.

I think for new players this will help quickly identify their surroundings, and if two screens are used,one for the game-play and another for tactical information it might help new players learn quicker.
    Last edited by mynamesranonymous; 11-22-2012 at 01:39 AM.

+1

Being able to use the second monitor for something useful would be really nice.
    My right flank has been turned, my left flank has disintegrated and my rearguard is in chaos. Situation excellent. I shall attack.

Having it on a 2nd monitor would be considered hardware advantage.

but +1 to everything else

(You can still get a minimap on your 2nd screen by using screencap software on the minimap and playing it on the other screen)

Quote Originally Posted by CSDragon View Post
    Having it on a 2nd monitor would be considered hardware advantage.

but +1 to everything else

(You can still get a minimap on your 2nd screen by using screencap software on the minimap and playing it on the other screen)
    Having a map on a second screen isn't that much of a hardware advantage compared to say a mouse where you can hotkey everything to it or keyboards with macros. Just saying.
    My right flank has been turned, my left flank has disintegrated and my rearguard is in chaos. Situation excellent. I shall attack.

Basic Member
    A good player can still kick serious ass with limited hardware.But I honestly think imagining a new player`s point of view ; the mini-map might be a little confusing at times.And the mini-map is probably one of the most important tools in the game and I`ve seen new players ignoring it completely then later struggle a lot to learn these awesome Mobas. Give them the option to study the mini-map by enlarging it with a quick-key.All triggers (alerts/pings/Tps/penis drawings) work on the larger map which can be dragged as a duplicate to a second screen.

CSDRAGON I will check some doftware out.
    P.S Guys this is just small thing I thought of that might be added not really technical changes.Please check out my other posts for other interesting add-ons and ideas.

Thanks for the Feedback.

Basic Member
    There will always be hardware advantages (more mouse buttons, keyboard macros, very fast reaction time on monitors etc.)
    +1 from me.

Second monitor could also hold a lot of information when spectating a match (gold/xp graph etc.)

Basic Member
    I agree.Any stats,Shop items,Non game steam devices and or any settings,any drop-downs apart from the UI would be neat if it could be dragged to a second monitor.