Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dropping cosmetical items in bots matches

Basic Member
    Just lose to the bots to get the items? Sure i just use my rightclick macro and send my lvl 1 hero feeding and go afk. Then i come back and start a new game.

Basic Member
    I understand your points. But, current bot games are already too easy, you may as well just ask for items to be regularly delivered to your inventory instead, say, 1 per half hour?

This is a team-based game, single player mode is purely for training and personal enjoyment. Not something to be encouraged / comparable to normal matchmaking.

(No offence to you or people playing with bots, I myself am one that play almost exclusively because I suck bad.)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KSnarl View Post
    or when you want to try new heroes with an incentive without messing with your teammates.
    so getting better at the game isn't incentive enough?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajiya View Post
    Just lose to the bots to get the items? Sure i just use my rightclick macro and send my lvl 1 hero feeding and go afk. Then i come back and start a new game.
    If the game evaluate how good you play, the same way it evaluate your hero in your profile, that kind of farming can be avoided...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by endario View Post
    I understand your points. But, current bot games are already too easy, you may as well just ask for items to be regularly delivered to your inventory instead, say, 1 per half hour?

This is a team-based game, single player mode is purely for training and personal enjoyment. Not something to be encouraged / comparable to normal matchmaking.

(No offence to you or people playing with bots, I myself am one that play almost exclusively because I suck bad.)
    If you play in easy/medium mode that is!
    Hard/Unfair is something else, and there's still room to improve the AI!

I'd like to play vs bots when i can't afford being reported/retaliated..!
    Last edited by KSnarl; 11-02-2012 at 04:10 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timelimit View Post
    so getting better at the game isn't incentive enough?
    Like said earlier the full human mode would get more drops or better quality than vs bots.
    So that at long term, this former mode keep it's value.

But getting better at the game is relative. If you get better, you'll face stronger opponents than you.
    Players that accept defeat are rare... That means you' ll be very likely to be trolled by one,
    or more of yours teammates in a thight, or losing match.
    Bots are perfect in playing nicely.

Basic Member
    Like said earlier the full human mode would get more drops or better quality than vs bots.
    So that at long term, this former mode keep it's value.

But getting better at the game is relative. If you get better, you'll face stronger opponents than you.
    Players that accept defeat are rare... That means you' ll be very likely to be trolled by one,
    or more of yours teammates in a thight, or losing match.
    Bots are perfect in playing nicely.
    you've misunderstood me completely, I meant why would you need items as an incentive to play, isn't getting better enough?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timelimit View Post
    you've misunderstood me completely, I meant why would you need items as an incentive to play, isn't getting better enough?
    Well if you talk generally, "getting better " is not sufficient, as each game last 30-40 minutes.
    You'll feel better for 1-5 minutes if you kill/beat one or more cpu(s), but the rest of the time is grinding/dying/respawn delay,
    provided that an average player is getting good enough (hard being the closest level in full human matchmaking)
    using a new hero (at least 10 lost matches, 300-400 minutes before having a good time)

The full bot match (1 human and 9 bots) is the only mode without a permanent loot system.

Basic Member
    Well if you talk generally, "getting better " is not sufficient, as each game last 30-40 minutes.
    You'll feel better for 1-5 minutes if you kill/beat one or more cpu(s), but the rest of the time is grinding/dying/respawn delay,
    provided that an average player is getting good enough (hard being the closest level in full human matchmaking)
    using a new hero (at least 10 lost matches, 300-400 minutes before having a good time)

The full bot match (1 human and 9 bots) is the only mode without a permanent loot system.
    getting better is sufficient in the game mode meant for learning, if you don't feel that you're learning from bot games you should probably stop playing them

Basic Member
    Maybe you value more your own pleasure of "getting" better, then that 's your opinion.
    Now advising me to leave the bot mode, for not sharing your point of view, is something else.