Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Dropping cosmetical items in bots matches

  1. #21
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    877
    Quote Originally Posted by KSnarl View Post
    Maybe you value more your own pleasure of "getting" better, then that 's your opinion.
    Now advising me to leave the bot mode, for not sharing your point of view, is something else.
    I'm advising you to leave bot games because you obviously don't feel a reason to play them.

    Honestly, if having fun and/or learning aren't sufficient reasons to play a game, you probably shouldn't be playing it. This applies to any game.

  2. #22
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    50
    Personally, I'd like to see it. Plain and simply because I probably won't get any items any other way. I can't afford to spend money on a cash shop, and none of my friends I LAN with have received a beta invite yet, nor want to spend money on one of those either lol.. When I play by myself, against bots, I generally play pretty casually where I'll often pause and get up or be distracted talking to someone.. Lately my mouse has been going out and I have to pause and mess with it every few mins.. All things I'd just rather not bring to a public game where people are getting all srs bsns and competitive about it, and I'm sure those people I would be helping to lose games appreciate it, because I would!

    I'm not gonna cry and quit or go play MM just because I can't dress up my courier or heroes either, though. I honestly hadn't even looked at all the items or even known that they dropped in matchmaking games before I looked at this thread. I thoroughly enjoy playing vs bots while I wait on my friends to be able to play with me.

    Lower drop rates, lower quality items, whatever.. they can be items that drop every game in MM games, and only one in 10 wins for custom games, and MM games can have completely cooler better omgadz items as well. Then the cash shop will have even completely cooler and better omgadz items still, I assume. I just think it'd be nifty and add a little something extra to receive some drops in general, because as of now I don't lol.. For that matter, I also have 0 Battle Points! Whatever those are for.. lol xD

    I posted mostly just because people seem to be getting caught up in the 'purpose of the bots' and derailing the thread, rather than talking about how to successfully implement it without abuse from farmers, or telling people to just play MM games.

    Back to topic and on the note of farmers in bot games, what's the problem? It's all cosmetic stuff anyways, right? Let them farm away and look pretty if they wanna, imo. I see no reason at all for at least some of the lower quality more common items to be dropped. Especially if you made it only on wins for hard/unfair and at lower rates, maybe as a reward for players improving their scores.. Highest kills in the game, highest assists, least deaths, highest CS, Most towers destroyed/denied, Most damage healed, or even a standard 'X' amount of a goal to reach in those categories before drops become a possibility, etc to both help players try to do better and to prevent AFKing.. it'd still leave more of an incentive for people to play MM games, while adding incentive for people playing against bots to play more. I just don't see where there's a problem with this. Everybody wins.

  3. #23
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    108
    40 minutes is long enough to ask a possible item drop as a motivation/consolation prize.
    And if that doesn't please you what's the matter? You have a problem with this or you'll keep shifting this on me as my problem?

  4. #24
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by rawrrrz View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see it. Plain and simply because I probably won't get any items any other way. I can't afford to spend money on a cash shop, and none of my friends I LAN with have received a beta invite yet, nor want to spend money on one of those either lol.. When I play by myself, against bots, I generally play pretty casually where I'll often pause and get up or be distracted talking to someone.. Lately my mouse has been going out and I have to pause and mess with it every few mins.. All things I'd just rather not bring to a public game where people are getting all srs bsns and competitive about it, and I'm sure those people I would be helping to lose games appreciate it, because I would!

    I'm not gonna cry and quit or go play MM just because I can't dress up my courier or heroes either, though. I honestly hadn't even looked at all the items or even known that they dropped in matchmaking games before I looked at this thread. I thoroughly enjoy playing vs bots while I wait on my friends to be able to play with me.

    Lower drop rates, lower quality items, whatever.. they can be items that drop every game in MM games, and only one in 10 wins for custom games, and MM games can have completely cooler better omgadz items as well. Then the cash shop will have even completely cooler and better omgadz items still, I assume. I just think it'd be nifty and add a little something extra to receive some drops in general, because as of now I don't lol.. For that matter, I also have 0 Battle Points! Whatever those are for.. lol xD

    I posted mostly just because people seem to be getting caught up in the 'purpose of the bots' and derailing the thread, rather than talking about how to successfully implement it without abuse from farmers, or telling people to just play MM games.

    Back to topic and on the note of farmers in bot games, what's the problem? It's all cosmetic stuff anyways, right? Let them farm away and look pretty if they wanna, imo. I see no reason at all for at least some of the lower quality more common items to be dropped. Especially if you made it only on wins for hard/unfair and at lower rates, maybe as a reward for players improving their scores.. Highest kills in the game, highest assists, least deaths, highest CS, Most towers destroyed/denied, Most damage healed, or even a standard 'X' amount of a goal to reach in those categories before drops become a possibility, etc to both help players try to do better and to prevent AFKing.. it'd still leave more of an incentive for people to play MM games, while adding incentive for people playing against bots to play more. I just don't see where there's a problem with this. Everybody wins.
    Nearly dead mouse and playing! How could be this possible..! Well , on that egard, it's worth backing drops in bots matches
    for slow computer, lagging connection users too.

    Drops items should definitely be picked and not a global random. Outdated items, or 3 of 4 items set (the remaining 1 being available in MM or as shop exclusivity)
    Now for the 0 battle points that's something that could be added later. I think once the bots reach a serious level they could be counted
    as a separate bps, just like Starcraft 2 count the vs bots game separatly.
    The actual 0 drop in bot matches is just excessively not enought.

    All it need for dota 2 to be not farmed is not giving a textmode option so that it cannot be launched many times on the same computer, i highly doubt the value of the drop would cover the electricity bill, as farming would require several computers running the game, pumping processors.

    Thanks for your reply!

  5. #25
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    877
    Quote Originally Posted by KSnarl View Post
    40 minutes is long enough to ask a possible item drop as a motivation/consolation prize.
    And if that doesn't please you what's the matter? You have a problem with this or you'll keep shifting this on me as my problem?
    This whole argument is mostly me not wanting dota to turn into another game that people play not to enjoy the game, but to get items. This is the reason I never play TF2 anymore and I just really don't want the same thing to happen here.

    Now, while letting bot games drop cosmetics may not be a big deal in itself (apart from item farming problems), it's one step closer to making dota 2 the next grind-for-items game, and there are enough of those around already.

  6. #26
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Timelimit View Post
    This whole argument is mostly me not wanting dota to turn into another game that people play not to enjoy the game, but to get items. This is the reason I never play TF2 anymore and I just really don't want the same thing to happen here.

    Now, while letting bot games drop cosmetics may not be a big deal in itself (apart from item farming problems), it's one step closer to making dota 2 the next grind-for-items game, and there are enough of those around already.
    That's all well and good, but items are already in the game either way. I'd say making even some of them more attainable is closer to making it less of a grind-for-items game, and more of a rewarded customization perk of the game we're enjoying.

  7. #27
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    877
    Quote Originally Posted by rawrrrz View Post
    That's all well and good, but items are already in the game either way. I'd say making even some of them more attainable is closer to making it less of a grind-for-items game, and more of a rewarded customization perk of the game we're enjoying.
    potentially

    meh, I don't like this but I wouldn't complain if it was added, no big deal

  8. #28
    Basic Member squinte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bronson, Missouri
    Posts
    664
    Perhaps valve should adopt the LoL strategy for this and only allowing a certain amount of BP/item drops per day for a specific user for bot matches. Since games are relatively short, 100 BP a day wouldn't be bad, and only capable of finding items during that window.
    This ain't ova.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •