Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Centaur Warrunner Lore

Nobody knows what you're flipping out about. Elucidate your issues, if you have any, and for Pesci's sake, chill.

Quote Originally Posted by Interrobangin View Post
    Nobody knows what you're flipping out about. Elucidate your issues, if you have any, and for Pesci's sake, chill.
    1337_n00b here hates Centaur so much you can't even imagine it. I remember that he was crying about Centaur before he got his new ultimate, the moment they changed it in new version I was immediately spammed by him. It was so hilarious you can't even imagine nothing is funnier than terrified Lore pony.
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    boy im glad all these qualified and educated game designers have come to the forums to help dota 2 grow

Now, I realise that I should have left my personal feelings on the off-topic essence of the hero behind, but first things first, my Dota 2 playtime becomes 50% warding, 50% dying, 100% Stampede in about THIS DAY; and second, adding something snarky after the lore has always been a special thing for lore threads that I create.
    Heroes this user should seriously reconsider ever picking again.

THE DOTA 2 LORE MEGATHREAD IS TO BE UPDATED BY JULY 5TH

Visit the Dota 2 Lore Megathread. Renovation ongoing.

I don't mind if you add snark - hell, all my communication today was nothing by snark - but the 'suicide' thing might've gone over the line here. I suggest you keep on eye an that in the future, particularly since you announced your suicide because of a character in a video game that has nearly a hundred of 'em. Yeah. It's pretty silly.
    To keep these forums clean and friendly, please read and follow the forum rules.
    Before making a new thread, be sure to have used search, as well as checking the stickies of the appropriate section.

Lore moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by 1337_n00b View Post

"It's said that a centaur's road is paved with the corpses of the fallen. For the one called Warrunner, it has been a long road indeed. To outsiders, the four-legged clans of Druud are often mistaken for simple, brutish creatures. Their language has no written form; their culture lacks pictographic traditions, structured music, formalized religion. For centaurs, combat is the perfect articulation of thought, the highest expression of self. If killing is an art among centaurs, then Bradwarden the Warrunner is their greatest artist. He rose to dominance on the proving grounds of Omexe, an ancient arena where centaur clans have for millennia gathered to perform their gladiatorial rights. As his fame spread, spectators came from far and wide to see the great centaur in action. Always the first to step into the arena, and the last to leave, he composes a masterpiece in each guttering spray, each thrust of blood-slickened blade-length. It is the poetry of blood on steel, flung in complex patterns across the pale sands of the killing floor.

Warrunner defeated warrior after warrior, until the arena boomed with the cheering of his name, and he found himself alone, the uncontested champion of his kind. The great belt of Omexe was bestowed, wrapped around his broad torso, but in his victory, the death-artist found only emptiness. For what is a warrior without a challenge? The great centaur galloped out of Omexe that day with a new goal. To his people, Warrunner is the greatest warrior to ever step into the arena. Now he has set out to prove he is the greatest fighter who has ever lived."

Er... that should be *RITES, not rights.

Now that is a point. It might be that a centaur has to gain rights to fight on Omexe, but then the sentence becomes not quite as grammatically correct. For me, at least.
    Heroes this user should seriously reconsider ever picking again.

THE DOTA 2 LORE MEGATHREAD IS TO BE UPDATED BY JULY 5TH

Visit the Dota 2 Lore Megathread. Renovation ongoing.

Linken, good catch. Thanks. I'll fix it for the next update.