Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Centaur Warrunner Lore

Centaur Warrunner Lore

"It's said that a centaur's road is paved with the corpses of the fallen. For the one called Warrunner, it has been a long road indeed. To outsiders, the four-legged clans of Druud are often mistaken for simple, brutish creatures. Their language has no written form; their culture lacks pictographic traditions, structured music, formalized religion. For centaurs, combat is the perfect articulation of thought, the highest expression of self. If killing is an art among centaurs, then Bradwarden the Warrunner is their greatest artist. He rose to dominance on the proving grounds of Omexe, an ancient arena where centaur clans have for millennia gathered to perform their gladiatorial rights. As his fame spread, spectators came from far and wide to see the great centaur in action. Always the first to step into the arena, and the last to leave, he composes a masterpiece in each guttering spray, each thrust of blood-slickened blade-length. It is the poetry of blood on steel, flung in complex patterns across the pale sands of the killing floor.

Warrunner defeated warrior after warrior, until the arena boomed with the cheering of his name, and he found himself alone, the uncontested champion of his kind. The great belt of Omexe was bestowed, wrapped around his broad torso, but in his victory, the death-artist found only emptiness. For what is a warrior without a challenge? The great centaur galloped out of Omexe that day with a new goal. To his people, Warrunner is the greatest warrior to ever step into the arena. Now he has set out to prove he is the greatest fighter who has ever lived."

Now excuse me, but I have some things I need to commit to. Like suicide.
    Last edited by 1337_n00b; 11-14-2012 at 02:47 PM.
    Heroes this user should seriously reconsider ever picking again.

THE DOTA 2 LORE MEGATHREAD IS TO BE UPDATED BY JULY 5TH

Visit the Dota 2 Lore Megathread. Renovation ongoing.

Basic Member
    I don't think its that bad. There is a couple of interesting things in his responses
    Last edited by Opreich; 10-24-2012 at 08:25 PM.

I can't see how this is even remotely on-topic, but actually he sounds like if Outworld Destroyer had a very harsh childhood. The actor is the same.

And after listening to a bit of his lines, it also sounds as if Steve Blum has merged with Tom Chantler for half of the recording.
    Last edited by 1337_n00b; 10-24-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1337_n00b View Post
    I can't see how this is even remotely on-topic, but actually he sounds like if Outworld Destroyer had a very harsh childhood. The actor is the same.
    You're right, fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by 1337_n00b View Post
    Centaur 2 stronk

Now excuse me, but I have somethings I need to commit to. Like suicide.
    lolololol, Derpy pls. Embrace the Centaur.
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    boy im glad all these qualified and educated game designers have come to the forums to help dota 2 grow

Basic Member
    I really don't see what's wrong with his lore if that's what you're implying. It's pretty standard and interesting lore, it's not extraordinary but it's good, really good. He's a Centaur, what else did you expect?

He was even more brute in Dota 1... He doesn't has to be immortal or ancient here :3

I really like the lore but I'm still not sold on Warrunner.

I really don't see what's wrong with his lore if that's what you're implying.
    It's not that. Check his abilities again, would you. Check them. It's times like these that make me want to quit the game altogether, because it no longer matters if I am present in a match or not.

The lore I have no problem with, and the Warchief thing is likely there because, well, that would require them to make him a Warchief by the lore and to avoid problems with the neutral creep. Didn't stop them from mixing two types of Ogre Magi, though; Valve is probably learning on its' mistakes.

I like it. He's like Conan: simple, brutish and badass, with a touch of feeling.

So he is also from Druud, like Disruptor?
    Last edited by LinoPaladino; 10-25-2012 at 04:44 AM.