Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion: Inviting people to watch a replay

Basic Member

Suggestion: Inviting people to watch a replay

Not sure if this has been suggested, but it would be good if we could invite clan members/friends to come and watch a replay that I am currently watching (just to analyse the gameplay to improve strategies, etc).

Basic Member
    Good idea. Though this could be arranged by both, or all, of you just watching the replay simultaneously. Not sure it would be worth putting down the time on.

Basic Member
    +1. Having everyone in the "same" replay would let you all be at the same time, rewind the same, etc. Could possibly even have a camera mode where those that join follow the "Hosts" camera? Could be really cool.

Basic Member
    This sounds cool! Observing good games with friends was one of the things War3 was awesome at. It's a shame you couldn't watch replays together (without counting down...not tabbing out...etc)

i think this would be a great idea.
    it's annoying to try and watch a replay with a friend because they have to find and download the replay and then load it up and then you have to try and synchronise times...
    it would be great if there was an option to do it all for us!

Basic Member
    Support this idea 1000000%. This would especially be great for all teams. It's just too much work syncing everyone up, fast forwarding through boring parts, etc etc. This feature would be the 2nd best feature in Dota 2 (after reconnection).

Basic Member
    this was mentioned in the first dota 2 Q&A. i assume it's being worked on.

Basic Member
    Ah, I knew I saw it somewhere.

Here's the question in case anyone was interested.

Q: Will the replay system allow me to move freely backwards and forwards in time rather than having to watch a whole replay? (by Luciando)
    A: You’ll be able to jump around to any point in the replay, add bookmarks for easy referencing, view detailed stats and graphs while the game is going, and watch through a specific player’s view (with regards to their camera movement). You’ll also be able to watch replays with friends if you want to review a game or learn from your mistakes. To aid videomakers, the replay system will have flexible camera angle and speed controls. There will also be a bunch of commentating and editing features you can add to your replays.

http://blog.dota2.com/2010/11/dota-2-qa/

Basic Member
    Great idea, especially if the host can use the casting channel to narrate to the other players. Would be fantastic for teaching purposes.

Basic Member
    please do it.
    atm when i watch replays with friends we always have to syncronize via skype, pretty annoying.