Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Feast & damage reduction interaction

Basic Member

Feast & damage reduction interaction

Извините меня, что пишу на русском языке, но я плохо знаю английский язык, и поэтому будет лучше, если я напишу на русском языке, и в скором времени найдётся человек, который сможет перевести хоть суть моего сообщения - на английский язык.

Суть бага заключается в том, что вот ID матча ID match:54393668. В этом матче за расту, где-та на 30-ой минуте( позже гляну в рэплее, т.к сейчас ещё нельзя загрузить рэплей) есть момент, где раста нажимает аттаковать кентавта, но быстро отжимает аттаку, и так раз 10 и ниразу не выстрелив - снимает почти всё хп. А прикол весь в том, что он стреляет всего-лишь по иллюзии, и даже нираз не выстрелив он снимает всё хп.
    Второй баг с наиксом заклчюается в том, что когда Razor через Static link высасывает всю дамагу, и ты при минусовой дамаге бьёшь в лесу крипов при этом не отнимая у них ниодного хп..- ты лечишь себя так как должен был лечить при полной дамаге.
    Если что-та не понятно, я могу описать поподробнее.

Ok. I didn't understand anything. If you make an english thread I may help you.

GoogleTranslate:

"I'm sorry that I write in Russian, but I do not know much English, so it would be better if I write in Russian, and soon will be a person who can translate at least the essence of my message - in English.

The essence of the bug is that the game's ID ID match: 54393668. In the match for the growing, where is the one on the 30th minute (later I will look at Rapley, unnecessarily now still can not download Rapley) is the moment where the rasta presses attakovat kentavta, but quickly pushes the attacker, and so 10 times and not nirazu shooting - removes almost all x. A whole joke is that he shoots all, only by illusions, and even firing a shot Nirazu it removes all HP.
    The second issue with NAICS zaklchyuaetsya that when Razor through Static link sucks all the damage, and you're at minus DPS beat in the forest creeps without robbing them niodnogo x .. - you lechish himself as was treated with full damage.
    If anything that is not clear, I can not describe in detail."

I still cannot understand what's going on, but he's right about replay being unavailable, yet.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by evaluTion View Post
    В этом матче за расту, где-та на 30-ой минуте( позже гляну в рэплее, т.к сейчас ещё нельзя загрузить рэплей) есть момент, где раста нажимает аттаковать кентавта, но быстро отжимает аттаку, и так раз 10 и ниразу не выстрелив - снимает почти всё хп. А прикол весь в том, что он стреляет всего-лишь по иллюзии, и даже нираз не выстрелив он снимает всё хп.
    Пасивка кентавра дамажит на начале атаки (как и например вайпера и тини) так что если ты будеш отменять атаку - все равно получиш дамаг, это нормально.

Quote Originally Posted by evaluTion View Post
    Второй баг с наиксом заклчюается в том, что когда Razor через Static link высасывает всю дамагу, и ты при минусовой дамаге бьёшь в лесу крипов при этом не отнимая у них ниодного хп..- ты лечишь себя так как должен был лечить при полной дамаге.
    Если что-та не понятно, я могу описать поподробнее.
    Лайфстил найкса работает от пассвки которая дамажит и хилит % от макс хп врага, твой собственный дамаг никак не влияет на этот лайфстил, но если он не дамажит вообще то это баг...щас проверю.

im going to check one thing and post here later...
    Last edited by lunatic3k; 10-27-2012 at 07:53 PM.

Oh, I understood now

So the issue #1 is related to the Return damage being applied at the beginning of the attack animation, and #2 is about Feast lifesteal, right?

GoogleTranslate cannot translate well, but when I try to translate this:
    "Лайфстил найкса работает от пассвки которая дамажит и хилит % от макс хп врага, твой собственный дамаг никак не влияет на этот лайфстил. Тоже все нормально работает."
    the translation looks like this:
    "Lifesteal nayksa passvki which operates from damazhit and heals% of max x enemy, your own damage does not affect this lifesteal. Everything works fine, too."

I don't know if I understood correctly, but the Feast damage/lifesteal is not calculated through the max HP but the current HP of the target as far as I know.

Basic Member
    So i tested stuff, and there is really a bug with Naix and Razor Static link. I dota2 for some reason if your damage falls below 0 after Link you cant damage Neutrals, lane creeps and Razor(!!) with Feast at all (you can damage other enemy heroes). In WC3 feast always works. Tested for Enfeeble and neutrals - damage doest dealt too, but heal works fine.

edit: fixed video
    Last edited by lunatic3k; 10-27-2012 at 09:03 PM.

#1 Rasta rapidly cancels attacks against centaur and loses most of his hp due to it. (This is a problem for people with autoatack on, they will start attacking right after you push stop so if you spam S and centaur is the only guy near you, you will get a lot of damage from return without ever launching an attack)
    #2 Is that Naix's feast damage is added to his man attack and is not a separate instance like in dota 1. This means that, as explained in OP, when you have your damage reduced by Bane/Razor you will deal no damage to enemies but you still heal.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BattledOne View Post
    #2 Is that Naix's feast damage is added to his man attack and is not a separate instance like in dota 1. This means that, as explained in OP, when you have your damage reduced by Bane/Razor you will deal no damage to enemies but you still heal.
    that wont explain why you cant damage only neutrals, line creeps and razor (you can damage other enemy heroes, with enfeeble you can damage bane)
    Last edited by lunatic3k; 10-28-2012 at 03:16 AM.

It does.
    You can deal damage to Sven there because he simply has more HP, which results in more Feast bonus damage that can overcome the negative 85 damage you have.
    And on your video, even Razor is losing HP slightly since the Feast damage is slightly greater than 85 at the beginning.
    The neutrals and lane creeps does not, since they do not have the sufficient HP.

Video incoming...

On my video, the thereshold that Feast has to overcome is 105. The initial bonus Feast damage is +91, so it does not let Naix damage the Razor at the beginning.
    But when I grab a couple of Hearts with Razor, I am able to deal damage to Razor.
    The Feast regen is calculated by the bonus damage that Feast deals. It has nothing to do with the actual damage dealt.

If the Feast damage has been intentionally merged with Naix'es manual attack, then I think it is working as intended.
    If not, then seperating them would fix this issue aswell.

Alternative video (better resolution, less fps): http://youtu.be/vK0UMGwfzlA
    Last edited by ThoAppelsin; 10-28-2012 at 04:07 AM. Reason: added the video and the comments afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by BattledOne View Post
    #1 Rasta rapidly cancels attacks against centaur and loses most of his hp due to it. (This is a problem for people with autoatack on, they will start attacking right after you push stop so if you spam S and centaur is the only guy near you, you will get a lot of damage from return without ever launching an attack)
    Return damages upon the beginning of an attack, not when it connects. Same thing goes for Axe's Counter Helix.

http://www.playdota.com/heroes/centaur-warchief#skill44
    " Return causes damage when the enemy begins an attack, not when their attack hits."

If you wish to avoid taking damage near Centaur with auto-attack on, then you should simply be in constant movement.

Edit: Tested it in WC3 - it is working as expected. I kept pressing [S]top to cancel my attack, and I took large amounts of damage.
    Last edited by Norroar; 10-28-2012 at 04:25 AM.
    我不講中文|♥ ~
    Kitty Bot ~♥