Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Replicate of Phantom Lancer/Enchant pl illusions

I was the one playing the Morphling in the linked game and the one who helped test the bug in a lobby game, again playing as Morphling.

In the Matchmaking game I made a Phantom Lancer replicate. It created illusion(s). But when I tried to control them they wouldn't obey. And then I saw it just walking off into the forest. I was confused, like anyone would be. And it walked straight to Phantom Lancer, giving me vision of him. And it didn't seem like the Phantom Lancer player was even aware of it. (If you want anykind of confirmation, download the replay and watch in player perspective.)

In the lobby game we found out that the Phantom Lancer does not have vision of its surroundings with the illusions that the replicate makes, but Morphling does. The Phantom Lancer is able to attack the units, and move them, but they are still counted as Morphling's units.

It seems that Phantom Lancer's replicates Juxtapose skill is still creating illusions for the Lancer rather than to the Morphling.

Ok then. I couldn't find anyone to help me at testing anyway...

I have already downloaded the replay, and watched it from the player perspective. But for some reason the Player Perspective isn't showing me which unit you are controlling as Morphling.
    When I choose to watch it on your (Morphling's) player perspective, Morphling is constantly on the Hero HUD, and same thing applies for every other hero.

It wasn't like that before as far as I remember...
    Whatever. Because of that reason, I was unable to tell who was controlling what through your replay, therefore had difficulties.
    It's up to mods now.

AFAIK (based on 1 month ago game), you cant move enemies PL ilusions.

I was a PL (but it was a DS wall replica who created an enemy PL army, not a Morph) and there was a "huge fight" of PL's illusions, mine and DS's, I was selecting all with mouse and attacking illusion by illusion trying to kill all before they start to recreate again. So I couldn't move his illusions WHEN trying to mass select.

I don't know if this is necessary to unconfirm, as its a report form yesterday and my game was 1 month ago, and because it was DS, not Morph. But I think all ilusions skills works with the same mechanic (except the numbers - %damage taken, %damage dealt).

And I was playing with 500ms in that game. At first I thought I had given it a command to go to the forest (accidentally). But when I wasn't able to bring it back to the lane I almost crapped myself.

The illusion with replicate spawns:

It starts running off into the forest:

Oh lookie Lancer is farming there, how convenient:

I think PL was a bit confused aswell, he destroyed the 'fake illusion' with attack command once it reached him.

Hello!

I just tested this with my buddy Chaemirix, and am able to confirm this bug to some extend.

Reproduction:
    - Create a practice game (cheats enabled is alright)
    - Pick Morphling and Phantom Lancer
    - Replicate Phantom Lancer with both his ultimate and his passive
    - Attack an enemy with this new Replica, until an illusion spawn

Result: Phantom Lancer can move this newly spawned illusion, but not the replica itself. Morphling (the owner) will retain vision, get the kills and gold from all the actions of the illusions.
    However, I (Morphling) was unable to move the illusions that Phantom Lancer spawned, so that makes me believe that it will work the same without cheat enabled.

Expected: Phantom Lancer should not be in control of Morphling's Replica's illusions.

---

It is quite difficult to provide proof through screenshot, so I avoided adding any - and I can't upload a video of it. It is relatively easy to reproduce, though, assuming you have either multiple accounts or a friend.
    我不講中文|♥ ~
    Kitty Bot ~♥

Basic Member
    I can confirm Norroar's post.

As long as you haven't used -createhero command, no other extra precaution is necessary in my opinion.
    If these are true, it would be ok to confirm this as a bug I think.

But I have a question:
    What is the illusion cap for the Replicate Lancer?
    Right now, I think it's using the cap of the Phantom Lancer itself. Which can be even more problematic for the Phantom Lancer.

I wasn't that thorough, so I sadly can't tell you. I have a feeling that it does not count towards his cap, but that's just my gut. I base this off of the fact that he is not in control of the Replica itself, and thus it seems to be detached to him, having his own counter. I recall a bug report regarding Phantom Lancer having 20+ illusions at one point, too, although that was related to Manta Style.

So yeah, I sadly can't answer your question.

E: I did use the -createhero command to make a dummy target for the Phantom Lancer to attack for illusions.
    我不講中文|♥ ~
    Kitty Bot ~♥

Not like that...
    I mean, the only thing important is that both the Phantom Lancer and the Morphling must be controlled by different players in the first place.
    I suppose you did it like that, since you've said that you weren't able to control Replicate Lancer.
    Actually the OP guy said that, too, I suppose. Whatever...

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage